ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mail is a complete POS on iPhone 5?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Right, every day I come into site, people turn up and have a site induction, I take a photo with my phone and email it to my computer and put this on their pass.

Since getting my iPhone 5, sending a photo is a massive hassle, it spends AGES just saying "sending" with nothing happening, it's like it totally lags out.

Eventually it pulls in a load of new emails first and then sends, but it takes well over a minute, which when I've got someone standing in front of me waiting is not cool. Anyone else had similar issues and found a work around?

Today I remained connected to wifi, but switching to 3G makes no odds.

Can't you use some cloud based storage to sync photos then pull them down from your computer. Should get rid of the need for mail.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
What email is it? IMAP/POP/Exchange?

Is it a provider or an office based system?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Theres a few ways to set it up. Send me screen shots on iMessage.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Right, every day I come into site, people turn up and have a site induction, I take a photo with my phone and email it to my computer and put this on their pass.

Since getting my iPhone 5, sending a photo is a massive hassle, it spends AGES just saying "sending" with nothing happening, it's like it totally lags out.

Eventually it pulls in a load of new emails first and then sends, but it takes well over a minute, which when I've got someone standing in front of me waiting is not cool. Anyone else had similar issues and found a work around?

Today I remained connected to wifi, but switching to 3G makes no odds.

You're the site induction guy?

oh dear Rob