ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Main Beam Lights

I needed a new MB light, the Xenon light for my 172. I had the bulb that was broken so took it to halfords and they gave me a similar one to what I have got now same Watt, Voltage and hows your farther. Anyway I get home and attempt to fit the bulb, not an easy task at 1st sight. The Xenon box and bulb together is too big to fit into the light surround as it's too close to the engine fuse compartment. My girlfriend went onto a website, renault forums or something and she then back with the reply of ''we need to take the front bumper off as well as the arch liners'' OMFG you've got to be joking it's a f**king bulb we need to replace...
I jacked the car up, took the wheel off, got the arch liners off and I basically got pissed off and said there must be an easier way? SO, I took the xenon bulb and held it gently inside the surround, with the balanced I took the box and tried to push in and screw as your supposed to, bear in mind the gap that i'm working with is about 3 inches -_-. eventually after the screaming as shouting and throwing tools about I got my girlfriend to do it as she's got the hands the size of a 4 year old! she managed to screw it in and bobs your uncle.. Now the task was to push and screw the Box into the surround, now we were here doing this for about an hour and a half and in the end I gave up and let the girlfriend do it, I went off and started polishing the rear end as I can't stand the sight of the front!. After we realised that the Xenon box might be broken, the little plastic fittings that go into the slots on the light surround, 1 of them is ok and the other 2 I think are goosed. So I managed to get one of them in and left he rest and now the light is on the piss a little. Anyway I thought, jesus christ if this fits and we go to turn the lights on and they don't work, i'll just OD on paracetamols! So we put the fuses back and in and turn them on job done-ish! Walk to the front and the lights aren't even the same bloody colour! OEM one is shining a lovely blueish white while the HALFRAUDS one is plain white......... OMFG! Now i've just left it there and put the car back on all 4's gone inside as i'm raging haha.

Does anyone know a better way to fit the Xenon bulbs without taking the bloody front end off? Also i'm taking the bulb back to halfords tomorrow as I want my car symmetrical on both sides, jesus I must of been out there for 3 hours.

Rant over

PB Clio 172
to reply to your last bit (couldn't be boved reading all of it)

I replaced my bulbs by removing the grill so you don't always need to take the whole front end off !