ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Main end cap bolts

Tomo3292

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 1.6 K4m
Gents good morning, I am after some advice regarding the main end cap bolts to hold the crank into place. I am refreshing the bottom end and was told they need to be replaced as they can stretch ever so slightly over time. So in my wisdom I threw the old ones away and now cannot seem to find any stabdard bolts at all for them. I have arp bolts for conrods just after the mains. Anybody able to point me where I can find a set. Do renault parts do them?
Could I re use a set from a breaker?

All advice welcome

PH2 172
Gents good morning, I am after some advice regarding the main end cap bolts to hold the crank into place. I am refreshing the bottom end and was told they need to be replaced as they can stretch ever so slightly over time. So in my wisdom I threw the old ones away and now cannot seem to find any stabdard bolts at all for them. I have arp bolts for conrods just after the mains. Anybody able to point me where I can find a set. Do renault parts do them?
Could I re use a set from a breaker?

All advice welcome

ARP sell them.
https://www.pure-motorsport.co.uk/arp-main-bearing-cap-stud-kit.html