ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

major megane lighting probs

well where do i start... as some of you know ive had major grief fitting these phase 2 rears, in an attempt to keep it short(ish) n sweet i'll only go from the problems as of this sunday.... before thats a novel

ben_p kindly put me in touch with big bob(rob), auto electrican n general top guy, he arrives at ten and spends 5 hours in the rain rewiring the lights, testing them and the units circuits, battery out, fuse box out (hardest thing ever!!) whilst i got a bunch of megs at mine waiting to go to the clio meet, they all leave and im stood there nearly crying, rob rewired the lighting at the back, to the exact spec as same 2 cars i.e the wires dont now connect into the unit via plugs, they run straight to the lighting, its better even than the renault fit lol, if that dont make sense then basically its exactly the same wiring from the loom as phase 2 cars, not just wires and connectors pushed in like most phase1 to phase2 conversions!

miracle happens and rob eventually gets the car running so we put the car back together and toddle off to the clio meet minus the driver side tail light. as the megs run off one lighting fuse for the left, one for right we worked out the cars been blowing fuses left right and centre... we then took battery out, replaced fuses, only for them to blow and the car think it had an ASR/ESP fault (this was showing apparently because the ABS fuse blew during all the cars crazy scitzing out)....

we replaced them and we worked out that more than likely its the LED's in the front shorting the system out on the drivers side which is only allowing one brake light to work. (as neither LED works in the front, rendering my sidelights useless, but its a bugger to get to so i was gonna do it later this week)

rob said to remove the fuses and take sidelights out, replace fuses and it should set the system up nicely....

although tonight on the way home from asda tonight the car made a click noise (which i can only hope is the fuse blowing again) and the brake lights failed and the car showed ESP/ASR fault..... again

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

so tomorrow everythings out, im gonna slash my wrists to pieces taking the sidelight LEDS out and replacing with standard bulbs, replacing fuses and hopefully fixing the car....

rant over and sorry if i lost you on the second line