ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Make your own Oz F1 Centre Caps

Kudos to the OP. Top work.

I'll probably have a couple of sets when I'm home. Definitely interested in a group buy if anyone wants to club together. As the OP makes very clear, not to sell on, not to profit etc...

Looks like there could be some good interest.

I'm out of the country at the mo, so tricky to co-ordinate. If anyone wants to jump on this in the meanwhile feel free...

I've been thinking about this again today as I'm gonna get a set made up had a thought - Would people want a gusset added to the clip just to ensure they don't snap off? As we know they're a weak point.

Clio 172
I've had a few messages from people recently who are getting these made up, I'm wondering if anybody has a contact that can get the metal rings made up? Then we have the whole solution.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I've had a few messages from people recently who are getting these made up, I'm wondering if anybody has a contact that can get the metal rings made up? Then we have the whole solution.

Bit of a bump.

Would you be willing to make me a set up and ill pay you?

I have a spare set of F1's that im going to be sending away for a refurbishment so a set of new cap's will be great.

Clio 172
Bit of a bump.

Would you be willing to make me a set up and ill pay you?

I have a spare set of F1's that im going to be sending away,for a refurbishment so a set of new cap's will be great.

I don't have a 3D printer myself, but all the info you need is in the first post to get yourself a set made up. If people have a friend with a printer it could make it even cheaper.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Right whoever whats to make me 4 cap's then please pm me.

Money is waiting.

Thanks.

Craig_B

ClioSport Club Member
  BG 182
I had some made by a company in Cardiff, for £18. The person who made the file kindly sent it me a few weeks back.

Was very disappointed in what they sent me, even though all the measurements was correct,

They came to me very brittle, and clips just snapped off when put in a wheel, and finish was not smooth.

The ones that was made first from the thread starter look way better quality,

I complained to the company and got my money back.

Matt e

ClioSport Club Member
ive had a few bits made by the company the op posted in the first post.

The material they use is really strong and it dosent snap or crack, they use nylon

Matt e

ClioSport Club Member
Is anyone making up a batch of these then?

I'm sure loads of users would be grateful for some :)
You can get them made up yourself, the op has included everything in his first post that you need to do.

The CAD file is only got four in its design so you can't really do a 'batch' order

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Is anyone making up a batch of these then?

I'm sure loads of users would be grateful for some :)

Don't think so. Could always see about a group buy, but it's not too expensive to get a set printed really.

It's costing me just under £22 for the 4, although that's economy delivery with a lead time of 8-10 days, but I'm in no rush for them.