ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

3D printer guru's....What glue for 3D printed OZ F1 centre caps?

G Hut

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, V90 T8
Have just taken delivery of a set of 3D printed centre caps, anyone else had these from ebay 3dclever and what glue did you use to bond once sprayed?

Cant get much info from seller, he states made of resin when I asked him what filament he used, couldn't confirm if PET or PLA etc just said resin and didn't know what glue....

Anyone got any ideas?

20230322_081206.jpg

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Have just taken delivery of a set of 3D printed centre caps, anyone else had these from ebay 3dclever and what glue did you use to bond once sprayed?

Cant get much info from seller, he states made of resin when I asked him what filament he used, couldn't confirm if PET or PLA etc just said resin and didn't know what glue....

Anyone got any ideas?

View attachment 1636095
Do they not just clip in?

chazza114

ClioSport Club Member
I know this doesn't really help, but there's a guy in the Phase 1 Owners Group on Facebook who sells some 3D printed centre caps that are all one piece, it might be worth messaging him if the ones you have now don't work out. I've got a set and they're great quality.

IMG_8111.JPG

IMG_8112.PNG

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member

Anyone got any ideas?
Any epoxy will do. They are a resin, it doesn't fall under standard FDM

Ash007ks

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 182
I've just printed a set of these as a test and oversized them slightly. Seem to grab better within the wheel centre. Might be worth if you get them again just asking fir a slight over size.

G Hut

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, V90 T8
Good to know, what I have discovered is that a track day makes them melt, deform and fall out of the front wheels

Ash007ks

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 182
Good to know, what I have discovered is that a track day makes them melt, deform and fall out of the front wheels
is this with them being made out of PLA ?
My current ones are PLA+ as a test and then ill probably make them out of ASA as its alot more heat tolerant.