ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Making a top quality image

BMW E92/Audi S3
I've found that my images come out really s**t quality. Anyone got any tips on making HQ photos???

BMW E92/Audi S3
Im using a D40. I mean, ive seen very high quality images on here, that i just cannot achieve. Sorry for stealing these images Christopher..;)
DSC_0091.jpg

DSC_0010-5.jpg

DSC_0004-3.jpg

Some s**t ones of mine:
3000063511_749fcc147d.png

3000875868_e2d1b63192.png

Does it make much of a difference shooting in RAW?

Suzuki Ignis
They look pretty good tbh. Suppose just keep practising, I think most of mine look shite but other people really like em and think there top quality.
Are you comparing s**t quality to soft focus or light quality?

B

Brown.

i think your last one looks better then the first too yours appear more defined, tfirst ones look a little washed out.....i think its either you or your monitor.....i have a mac and view images slightly brighter then a lcd screen....your images are pretty good.

Rally bus
I think yours look better than the others. The first of yours would be improved by not cropping the front of the cars and holding the camera horizontal but the second one is good I think.

Who put a big pole through the Integra's back window?

Dodgy one
Camera, remote and good glass

When shooting and finding you skys are burned out take a spot meter reading somewhere neutral in the shot, You will be able to get a better quality image.

B

Brown.

i think from this you are already getting high quality images, and its all in your head... welcome to photography, its a painful world of perfectionism and the never ending hunt for perfect images....

B

Brown.

Camera, remote and good glass

When shooting and finding you skys are burned out take a spot meter reading somewhere neutral in the shot, You will be able to get a better quality image.

ALWAYS SHOOT DIM........shoot your images a few e/v down, i take images a full stop and brighten them later....as above burnt out area loose there image data.... plus taking a pic at a lower e/v will give you a slightly faster shutter speed, reducing the chance of blur

ALWAYS SHOOT DIM........shoot your images a few e/v down, i take images a full stop and brighten them later....as above burnt out area loose there image data.... plus taking a pic at a lower e/v will give you a slightly faster shutter speed, reducing the chance of blur

Always been told to go the other way without blowing anything out of course. Underexposing and correcting in photoshop brings out a lot of noise, going the other way can help reduce it.

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/tutorials/expose-right.shtml
p.s. I've never read it all, looks rather boring...

koi

Audi S1
You have a decent camera so prob just a case of learning how to use it and lots of practice.

Going to take some photography courses in the new year so will be a pro after them lol

BMW E92/Audi S3
I use a remote, and a tripod. Also, i was told to shoot a few exposure stops up instead of down.. Confused :(

Also, thanks for the compliments

B

Brown.

Always been told to go the other way without blowing anything out of course. Underexposing and correcting in photoshop brings out a lot of noise, going the other way can help reduce it.

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/tutorials/expose-right.shtml
p.s. I've never read it all, looks rather boring...

Good luck with your images then lol 1 stop will not effect noise if your worried shoot raw. how can you re gain burnt out image data ? also you are lowering your capability shooting + ev...... shoot dim or bang on 0. YOU CANT PROCESS BURN !......if you shoot - 2ev you will be likely to experience noise.....am talking 1ev here...at the most

that guy in the link is talking about exposing correctly using histograms (in bright/ good light situations) if ya can expose correctly and have time to review the histo's nice, but some time i dont, i personally hate burnt out sky.

Last edited by a moderator: