ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Making my 182 more comfortable? (Mainly driving position)

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
So, ideally I'd change car, but I'm just not in a sensible situation to do so right now and the 182 still offers a lot of value for money.

What I'd like to do is make it a bit more comfortable over long journeys. I don't have coilovers or stiff springs, so it's not necessarily ride that's a problem, the biggest problem I seem to have is my upper to mid back. I put this mainly down to the fact that to fit in the car I have to have my seat all the way back, and the steering wheel in the highest position, which then means I'm leaning forward a little bit with my shoulders to have a comfortable grip of the wheel.

Short of any major modifications, are there any things I can buy to make things a little bit nicer? Is there a cushion or something I can get to support my upper back and shoulders? I'm sick of journeys of an hour or more leaving me feeling worn out.

I feel like I can never find a comfortable driving position, even when I try and sit back into the chair and relax my shoulders, I soon end up leaning forward a bit again.

2003 Clio 172
So, ideally I'd change car, but I'm just not in a sensible situation to do so right now and the 182 still offers a lot of value for money.

What I'd like to do is make it a bit more comfortable over long journeys. I don't have coilovers or stiff springs, so it's not necessarily ride that's a problem, the biggest problem I seem to have is my upper to mid back. I put this mainly down to the fact that to fit in the car I have to have my seat all the way back, and the steering wheel in the highest position, which then means I'm leaning forward a little bit with my shoulders to have a comfortable grip of the wheel.

Short of any major modifications, are there any things I can buy to make things a little bit nicer? Is there a cushion or something I can get to support my upper back and shoulders? I'm sick of journeys of an hour or more leaving me feeling worn out.

I feel like I can never find a comfortable driving position, even when I try and sit back into the chair and relax my shoulders, I soon end up leaning forward a bit again.

Have you considered an aftermarket seat? I struggle a bit with the driving position, mainly finding that the seat is too high.

Take the bungs out under the seat, look at an after market wheel maybe deep dish or with a spacer or as above, after market seat. I have a quick release which moves the wheel closer, washers behind the throttle pedal to make it more inline with the brake, also a couple between the servo and pedal box, I have taken out hte clutch stoppers and adjusted the clutch as well but I need to re do the adjustment, this moved all the pedals further away and with washers you get more suitable positioning. The trims around the steering column are also removed which makes it a bit more raw but its a massive improvement, im 5'9 and still have space problems!

Had the same issue with the horrible standard seats and stupid angled steering wheel. Changed to a Corbeau Clubsport seat and OMP WRC (mid dished) wheel and it was 10x better.