ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Making the Puppy run faster

VW Potato

this is a very lazy post, but here goes.

If i wanted to make some minor mods to my car to increase the BHP (but not detract from its low-down flexibility) what package should I buy and what do I get for my money. Also, how much would it cost for it to be fitted by someone who knows what theyre doing.

Id like about 10bhp more.

Is this feasible and at what price? You might laugh, but is £200 enough or am I way out? (you can tell i know jack-sh*t about mods/prices)

g

You could remove the rear seats and spare tyre for free..

I will laugh at the £200, hahaha, youll need a bit more than that, a chip might get you 10bhp

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

For £10 you could join the club and get a Cliosport sticker which will give you a gauanteed 10bhp. For another fiver you could get a "Cliosport" keyring which when attached to your key will provide you with an added 5bhp.

All in all a pretty good deal for £15

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

hill power induction and chip

its abit more than your budget but it will give you 10bhp (hopefully)

VW Potato

hehe, you jokers! :D

How much is the Hill Power Kit - does it work, and can you honestly notice an appreciable difference in ooomph?

Next question - what is an induction kit? Does changing the air filter/box count as an induction kit or is an induction kit summit else? If so, what else?

Finally, and I know this sounds daft, but when you look under the bonnet, cam you detect that ive made changes by adding the Hill Power kit? I like it to look non standard.

g

VW Potato

good. How much wallet damage and who fits them? If Im a good boy, i should have some spare cash this month and Id like to buy a nice treat for my car.

g

01530 273 633 or 07973 342 081, spoke to them this morning to order my dog bone, very nice blokes and very helpful !!!

VW Potato

i see no harm in asking questions in order to further my (limited) understanding. Cant diss someone for wanting to learn ;)

g

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

i think its a colloquialism

the engine mounts on a clio consist of two top mounts and a bone-like bar at the bottom of the engine, which stops it swinging back and forth too much.

Quote: Originally posted by Scudetto on 06 March 2003

magic! cheers Liquid

theres a nice pic of a C172 rocker cover painted red - I WANT THAT, TOO!! :D

g
g: If you look in the gallery, youll see some pics of my car showing what the full install looks like, including that red rocker cover...

I dont have the foglight scoop on at the moment, instead Im using an under bumper one....but I think Im going to ask mailto:Nick@HP">Nick@HP to put the foglight one back in.. :) .. maybe...I reckon it looks more hardcore and cant do any harm - especially in the warmer weather....