ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Management for K4M Turbo build

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Looking for a bit of advice. I picked up an MOT failure 1.6 16v Clio mk2 for £100, I had one of these years ago and always found it a good little engine, anyway ive since got it on the road and after a few weeks of pondering what to do with it and some youtube time watching what some of the foreign boys have been upto ive picked up a Turbo exhaust manifold, intercooler and pipework for it.

Turbo charging it I'm fine with but the one part I know nothing about and looking to be pointed in the right direction with, to do a bit of research is management. Although I'm doing it on a budget as a bit of cheap fun I understand spending good money on good management and a good mapper is what makes or brakes a build like this so I think im looking for (unless someone tells me otherwise) something a little better than the megasquirt that these guys run!

options?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
FANTASTIC! that's just the solution I'm looking for! will get in touch with him once ive got the car built. Yeah went for the TRW manifold and downpipe, waiting on it turning up. still to sort out a turbo, will stick a project thread up when parts start arriving!

dan's cast offs.
we're just about to do the same on my lads twingo, k4m engine as well. started looking at using megane exhaust manifold as it's pretty close fit to begin with but he's had a pay rise so going down the fabricated tubular route now.