ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Manchester skate park

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Took a trip to Manchester yesterday. A mate of a mate runs the sate park by Picadilly so we went to take a few pictures before heading to Media city. As I was sorting my gear out, I noticed my flash had broke :( Took it apart to find one of the wires had come loose from the circuit board which didn't help matters in the park. Need to get it sorted soon.

Took most of the shots with the 50mm 1.8, purely down to lack of light. Gutted though as I wanted to try the 10-20 there. Next time!

8541696324_3edf3670b7_c.png

Manchester skate park by A_Cro, on Flickr

8541683286_78d1e9ec7a_c.png

8540577399_5f9319e34c_c.png

8541674632_0a3af26928_c.png

8540571723_6128591c32_c.png

And one with the 10-20, ISO 6400!

8541676354_384dabe05a_c.png

Clio 172, Pug 106
Cracking shots them.... i didnt know about this park! Just getting back into skating myself after about 6 years away from it... got fed up with injuries

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Epic pictures of some guys who look pretty talented in their own right too, thanks for sharing :)

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
The guy in the first picture is sponsored (he also works there) and was just messing around last night!
The one in yellow had only just learned the b/s board slide (I think) and had landed a few before I took some pictures, he didn't land the flip though.
The other guy was trying lots, not landing many but got back up over and over. When he did land the flip though the park went mental!

Will be going back there again. Really need the flash though next time.

Inferno 225 cup
I don't know a great deal on photography but as you've cropped it you've taken the steps a little.

This is with the steps left.

apepa3u8.jpg

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
TBH, I cropped it quick and kept the proportions, that's why the steps have gone.

I need to get in to a better position next time though, but I was limited with using a fixed lens and not getting in the way of other skaters.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Never seen that park before! Guy in yellow t shirt doing a tray?

Maybe? I was never a skater, always preferred two wheels. Thought it was a board slide though. Or is a tray a flip? I was just there to try to get some pics.

Pedal power
I'm used to be into my bmx but did a little skating and a tray flip is a flip trick haha or it can be called a 360 flip

I would even take another inch off the bottom of your first crop mate, its not about the steps, just the guy in the air and the amazed onlooker with open mouth!

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Nice shots! I strangely really like the look that shooting with a high ISO has given them, especially in the B&W!

Those are great! Good stuff man. I've got a skate shoot scheduled with a friend in the summer. Hope they come out half this good!

Good shots, I've been after seeing a few close-ups of the new bit for a while now. I pass there at least 4 times a day (bus driver) so always look in and I used to skate there when it was the original layout before it got burnt down.