ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Liverpool visit

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Had planned this visit for a while and usually, when I plan to go somewhere, the weather decides to dick around. This time though we were pretty lucky. No rain but pretty cold, strong winds.

I'd seen a shot that I wanted to try but the building that I wanted to shoot was full of scaffolding. Found some other buildings though and I'm pretty happy with the results.
All shot with the Sigma 10-20 and a ten stop filter. 30 seconds.

10204224054_d65eda1aff_c.jpg

Liverpool by A_Cro, on Flickr

10204236714_99edf9e5b3_c.jpg

10204250854_6a05e67bb9_c.jpg

10204537293_1fab89d342_c.jpg

My mate picked up an Opteka 6.5mm fish eye which was a bargain at under £200 delivered plus taxes from America.

10204384635_385559b5b7_c.jpg

10204428736_48bbc2c10e_c.jpg

One of the only one's I wanted to shoot in colour

10204415596_9b1fcf1dd6_c.jpg

Then back to the Sigma for the cathedral. They have started the twilight viewing again now which makes from some incredible views. Very busy though!

10204366274_06ced84d25_c.jpg

10204389324_a3bb4ca1b2_c.png

10204421324_e2ee83daef_c.jpg

And headed to Birkenhead on the way back to try to get a shot of the skyline. Not massively happy with it. Probably should have taken my 55-250 with me for the trip but opted to stick to the 10-20 and a 50mm

10204528375_a390e35481_c.png

C&C welcomed.

More photo's can be found here

Cheers.

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
There brilliant, I know nothing about photography but I know what I like. . Nice work.
I'm from Liverpool and it makes me want to visit :)

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers guys.
I could spend days there. One of the best places for architecture in the UK IMO.

Nice set mate.

I like 3, it's very tidy.

Also 4 and 5 are cool.

With the penultimate picture, I feel like it's a little too warm. I don't know how yellow it's supposed to be, but currently, I feel it's too much. In fact, I think it's all that light that takes away from the city and the view itself.

But like I said, overall it's a good set! :)

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers Tom.
It was very yellow from memory but it could probably be toned down a bit. Plus, it's not the sharpest as I had wedged my camera in to one of the slots on the cathedral walls as I couldn't use my tripod up there.
I'll have another look when I get back on the laptop.

Nice shots there buddy.
I was in Liverpool yesterday funnily enough!
I actually really like the penultimate night shot with the yellow tones.
I like the wide angle stuff too, some very creative angles.
My favourite has to be the Commer van though, great old things and a nice image of one!

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers, Ben.

The ice cream van was lovely in the flesh. It's usually on the Albert Dock if you are there again. I had to keep it in colour.

I just wish that you could fit a ten stop filter on a fish eye. Definitely my next lens!