ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Manifold to Cat joint

Fabia VRS
Hey ive done a search but can really find what im looking for. When the car is warmed up theres a rattley tinny noise as if the a heatshield is loose. Renault told me that it was the rear mounts were worn and making the rattle. they were droopy anyway so i changed that and no difference. my dad and i have had a look and nothing apears to majorly wrong but the spring bolts on the mani to cat joint were slightly loose so we tightend them a bit. still no joy. has anyone else had this prob with that joint? i only ask coz the kit i like 40quid and i dont wana replace it if i dont have to.
Cheers:)

The things that the bolts go though (cant remember the name but they're a bit like washers) rusted on mine and I was getting rattling when starting up. When I was booting it one day the pressure blew the bolts off cause they have rusted and disconnected the cat from the mani. Sounded well loud lol.

40quid seems alot I got the gasket and all bolts replaced inc labour for under £25

RRS, 172, ST3, VTS
one of the bolts on the joint your talking about was loose on mine and was making a rattleing noise.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Bugger - I did have the Reno part number somewhere as I replaced the kit myself last year. I think they were called 'front mount inserts' or something and £40 sounds about right. I think the kit was £35+VAT, iirc.

Needed a hacksaw with a metal cutting blade to get through one of the knackered bolts on mine. :)

D.

Fabia VRS
Cheers for the quick replies. Had a new centre section from renault at the end of last year, will be a bit pissed of if it is that. it only does it when its warm. The joint was also dripping with a little water on start up when i looked at it, does this mean the seals broke?:S

ren charged me £119 to fix mine......... fuming to say the least when i found out how simple it was, especially wen it happend again after 5 months and carlton garages fixed it for about 80p........fckers/

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
mine makes this sound also. same rattley noise wen going past 3k its unberable over 6k. so what is it the baffels? or the joint thing?

Fabia VRS
en charged me £119 to fix mine......... fuming to say the least when i found out how simple it was, especially wen it happend again after 5 months and carlton garages fixed it for about 80p........fckers/

I no what you mean on that, They wanted 95quid off me to replace the rear mounts!! They cost me 40quid and took me literaly 5mins to change! Thats 55quid labour!!:eek:

C

Cup Me Up Craigus

I've got the exact same problem by the sounds of it Beas. Have had my cat / manifold seal kit replaced by Rentech but it is now worse than ever. Would like to add they are being very helpfull in trying to sort it, due in again when I can get down there. Did you manage to find out what was wrong with yours as it is doing my head in now

C

Cup Me Up Craigus

Already had that done, checked and re-done m8. Anyway turns out it may well be something in the cat bouncing around. Apparently nothing to worry about and no damage to be done, just the noise is getting on my tits. Oh well.