ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Manky steering wheel - Twingo?

F&B

16v>Cup>25Anni>Cup>320cdM
If we can't fit 197 steering wheels to replace are dodgy 1*2 steering wheels, anybody know if the Twingo RenaultSport one will fit?

Last edited:
  "Navy" N17 TWO
What's the twingo one look like, I can't find any pics?

My steering wheel is starting the common "melting" at the edge :(

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Should fit. Looks like the same wheel, different material. Twingo is based on prev gen clio, so wiring etc should be same.

F&B

Anybody on here work for a dealer and have a way of either trying this,or looking at the specs of the Twingo wheel to see if it will fit, it sounds like we could have something here...

Suzuki Ignis Sport
twingo-interior.jpg

By the looks of it, they do look the same, but it goes down to the wire (literally) the wiring may differ.

But what do the GT ones look like? do they have thumbgrips? If not aren't u better off with a Dynamique one, as you'll know it'll fit for sure.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
twingo-interior.jpg

By the looks of it, they do look the same, but it goes down to the wire (literally) the wiring may differ.

But what do the GT ones look like? do they have thumbgrips? If not aren't u better off with a Dynamique one, as you'll know it'll fit for sure.
The GT ones have the thumbgrips, but not in that stupid plastic/rubber that falls apart if you look at it. What does the airbag say on the wheel, SRP? If so, should be a direct fit. It's the same shape etc, so even if the wiring's different could just put the old airbag unit in the new wheel.

F&B

The thing for me is the material - as long it's different then it could mean the wheel won't go the same route as all of the other PH2 Clios.

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Oh, i'm more bothered about thumbgrips, otherwise i'd put my dynamique one on.

But the material will last longer than the ones we have tbh.

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Looks good.

I'm waiting for those carbon fibre thumbgrips that biz is making.