ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MARK/DISCOLOURATION ON FRONT HEADLIGHTS

MK2 Clio 2004 1.2
does anybody know what these marks are or how to remove them.....? I think it's on the inside as I used white spirit on the outside to clean them and nothing happened. :boring:

IMAG0019.jpg

Golf GT & A4 Avant
its UV damage and stone chip / abrasion on the plastic lense so all you need to do is work it back down to unaffected plastic.

I've heard reports of the 3m kit being pretty harsh but not used it myself. I went and got 1500, 2000, and 2500 grit wet and dry sand paper and rubbed them down, then a cutting / polishing compound last to remove the sanding marks. only cost a few pound for the paper and compound, and approximately an hour per headlight

MK2 Clio 2004 1.2
its UV damage and stone chip / abrasion on the plastic lense so all you need to do is work it back down to unaffected plastic.

I've heard reports of the 3m kit being pretty harsh but not used it myself. I went and got 1500, 2000, and 2500 grit wet and dry sand paper and rubbed them down, then a cutting / polishing compound last to remove the sanding marks. only cost a few pound for the paper and compound, and approximately an hour per headlight

Brilliant thanks mate!

If you type it in on the search bar at the top you'll see before and after pictures.

Alternativly there's the meguires kit that halfords supply. It's not as good but a bit cheaper.

I've not heard about it being hard though.. Might be personal preference, the above method will also work though as it's just mirroring the products.

MK2 Clio 2004 1.2
If you type it in on the search bar at the top you'll see before and after pictures.

Alternativly there's the meguires kit that halfords supply. It's not as good but a bit cheaper.

I've not heard about it being hard though.. Might be personal preference, the above method will also work though as it's just mirroring the products.

Thanks pal

The grades of paper start very high in grit grade, so it imparts deeper scratches than are really necessary. 2000 up is all that is needed. Yes it takes more time, but you are left with a fine finish from the fine grade paper, not scratched lenses.