ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mars Red Vee - Why so cheap?

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always end up with blue cars, this one is no exception - i'll possibly get a mk2, I love Illiad (obviously) but I can't really get a mk2 in it. Silver mk2 I reckon, or a rarer coloured one.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
i saw this and wondered why it was so cheap! lovely colour but still think i prefer illiad

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
Trader Rating - 100%
14   0   0
  Whichever has fuel
I can't believe there isn't a PEtrol Blue one!! Shocked at that tbh.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
there is!!

they sold two in austria of all places. looks kinda green in this photo, but its the only picture of it ive ever seen

mimil77210_1079888430_photo_0898.jpg

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Clio v6
Because it was originally called Paddock Green, I think we took a dislike to the idea.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they never sold any lunars in austria so its unlikely its one of them

im 99% sure its a petrol blue (vert orion/paddock green as it was known before).

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fair enough, i'm not convinced though dude. Is that even an Austrian plate on it ? It loks French to me.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah actually it is a french plate. you got me questioning it now!!!

i found the pic on v6passion a while back, they claimed it was "vert orion" on there and i took it as gospel.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah actually it is a french plate. you got me questioning it now!!!

i found the pic on v6passion a while back, they claimed it was "vert orion" on there and i took it as gospel.
I don't thnik they've checked their sources ;)

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
5   0   0
  Golf
Damn - That is so, so nice and very tempting!

I would really need to get myself out in a Vee to see whether they are as good as everyone says they are as if i went to look at that i know id want it on looks alone regardless.

Looks just like Black Gold! lol

If you go and have a test drive in one it wont be the looks you'll be sold on, it will be the noise ;)

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This mars one seems a good buy to me, I spoke to him and he says he wants £8500 for it, very good price for a mars imo. If it wasn't for the fact it's about 300+ miles from here there's a good chance I'd have bought it.

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/1109089.htm
It's been on there for a while now if it's that price & NOT recorded it's worth it.

I'd be wanting 10k min for mine (blue mk1) I was offered 8k part ex for it a few weeks ago, but i'd rather not let a stealer have it. I'm not sellig yet btw, just interested in other stuff.

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
5   0   0
  Golf
I asked for his lowest price and he came back with 8.5, so there's a chance he'd take 8k, I rekon if that was put in a garage until start of next summer it will sell on for 10k all day long (IMO)

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you would do well to get 10k for it if its registered.

Although i dont know if its confirmed if its damage repaired or not?

either way, 8k for it would be worth thinking about! would proceed with extreme caution if it has been damaged repaired though, could easily cost alot more to get to mint standard!!

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I asked for his lowest price and he came back with 8.5, so there's a chance he'd take 8k, I rekon if that was put in a garage until start of next summer it will sell on for 10k all day long (IMO)
I think so about the last paragrah, too many selling them cheap now :( I can only hope that the 8k ones now were the 10k ones (a bit hmm cars)when I was looking years ago. I'm talking mk1's.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i think so craig, james sold his old mk1 for 11ish a few months ago, so the good ones still command the premium.

the 12-13k mk1s are now 10-11k

the 10-11ks are now 8-9k

of course theres the odd bargain, but you do tend to find you get what you pay for.

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
5   0   0
  Golf
you would do well to get 10k for it if its registered.

Although i dont know if its confirmed if its damage repaired or not?

either way, 8k for it would be worth thinking about! would proceed with extreme caution if it has been damaged repaired though, could easily cost alot more to get to mint standard!!

I was talking about the mk1 mars that I posted the link to, not the one in the op, sorry for the confusion.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i think so craig, james sold his old mk1 for 11ish a few months ago, so the good ones still command the premium.

the 12-13k mk1s are now 10-11k

the 10-11ks are now 8-9k

of course theres the odd bargain, but you do tend to find you get what you pay for.
Was that J4 ... on here mate ? I agree about 'you get what you pay for'

I'd be wanting top dollar for mine tbh as it's low miles (37k on an 02 reg) and only two previous owners, plus it's blue :cool:
The thing that would annoy me was that folk wouldn't want to pay the money & would see an 8k car as a better option.

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
5   0   0
  Golf
I think the main problem with getting top money for a mk1 is that the gap between good mk1 and cheaper mk2 is narrowing more and more