ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Masking IP address

Merc
Right I need software that masks/hides my IP address. I've heard about proxy servers but they are live links which is not what im after. Masking IP address is usefull to see videos e.g. MTV that say this video is not available in your country etc... which is a total pain. Among other legit uses ofcourse ;)

Any pros out there?

Merc
Been reading a few reviews of Hotpoint and apparently it conflicts with torrent downloading which would defeat the purpose :S suppose i still could give it a try and delete it if not satisfied.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
To get something that'll let you shove higher bandwidth stuff through you'll likely have to pay for it.

If you're using it mainly for torrenting then you could use a VPN service as said.

Or if it really is for downloading stuff sack the torrents and use newsgroups.

Then you could always just use 7 proxies :)

The main reason I use VPN is because I travel around a lot, and I became rather sick and tired of regional restrictions. It also gives me an added layer of anonymity from whichever ISP I might be using. I hide inside a VPN when using usenet. Actually I'm quite often inside a VPN. Like now for example lol.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Same here, have got an endpoint sat in my parents office that I connect through whenever I'm not on my home network.

For usenet I don't VPN though as it's always from home, but I do use SSL so whilst my ISP can see I'm connecting to the servers the content (in theory) is not seen.

Merc
Why do you want to mask your IP for torrents anyway?

Well i'm after a well known photo editing software and cannot afford buying it or been sued by the manufacturer lol. I thought if i mask my IP address they would not bother tracking etc. Maybe i sound silly but im a total noobie :S

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Well i'm after a well known photo editing software and cannot afford buying it or been sued by the manufacturer lol. I thought if i mask my IP address they would not bother tracking etc. Maybe i sound silly but im a total noobie :S

Get something else then

DB.

BMW 440i
Lol, Slightly illegal thread here.

So we are after the way to get one of the top 2 illegally downloaded softwares around?

LOL if you're just after downloading some free illegal content then you're not gonna bother with a decent VPN setup. I take back my previous posts.

Merc
Fook it i'll stick to Paint lol. It's not only about this software it's as I mentioned e.g MTV Jersey Shore vids not been available in your country etc etc

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I was talking to the licensing people at Adobe this week.. I get the feeling that if they could have the pierats who sell the illegal copies of the CS suite raped and then murdered, they would :p

Angry b******s!

Merc
I was talking to the licensing people at Adobe this week.. I get the feeling that if they could have the pierats who sell the illegal copies of the CS suite raped and then murdered, they would :p

Angry b******s!

Thats why I'm not messing with downloading a pirated version. My rear need not be raped lol. But im sure that 8/10 people have photoshop that has not been aquired by a legit manner.

2.2 bar shed.
Hop on a neighbours wifi and pirate away. Thats the cuntish (sensible?) thing to do anyway...

Tor is only designed for web browsing/low bandwidth stuff. Not suited for downloading and streaming.

Works perfectly fine if he just wants to bypass the region restrictions on YouTube though? If he is downloading via newsgroups most providers offer SSL/VPN anyway. If you do decide to download via newsgroups make sure your provider and client supports SSL3/TLS1 and that it forces strong ciphers :)

Last edited:
  Merc
Works perfectly fine if he just wants to bypass the region restrictions on YouTube though? If he is downloading via newsgroups most providers offer SSL/VPN anyway. If you do decide to download via newsgroups make sure your provider and client supports SSL3/TLS1 and that it forces strong ciphers :)

Im tottaly lost here. I understand f-all about what VPN, newsgroups etc are lol. I've done research but they go into too much detail for me, they could just say this is what you need so that you can not be traced etc.

Polo BlueGT
If I get my laptop up and running I will send you the file if it isn't to big. Cost me an absolute bomb. It's the newest one. Is it 9? With keycodes :)

Merc
I would be forever grateful, hope there is no catch lol cause nowadays kindness is hard to find, even when everyones a pirate arghhh matie!!! Not sure about it been 9 i know it's cs5.1 and the version is 12.1.0 iirc

Reply to Homer: so i have had a read about newsgroups and by what i gather they are sites where people share stuff in a way similar to p2p's only that p2p's use torrents. That or I'm completely wrong :)

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
legally?

realy gets on my tits this, people go out to earn a living (artists, game writers, software editors etc) and people just rob them blind.

grow a pair, earn a living, pay the fees!

i see you can afford a "clio 200 ff ltd edition" yet cant afford a legal copy of PS

Last edited:
  Merc
@cliox4

Lol, so I suppose you have never ever downloaded music, films etc! Or have ever owned or come by a pirated piece of software! ffs don't you think they (artists, game writers...) earn much as it is! Don't you think they could seriously stop piracy? Ofcourse they can, but its the best way of promoting a product. We the public get ripped off enough as it is so what is wrong with freebies. And what I can afford or cannot afford is not your business. Sorry for tickling your sensitive nerve.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
to tell you the truth i havnt actualy owned pirated software, music, games or films. i have an extensive cd and film collection, never realy been into pc games (only ever had an xbox 360 to which i had a total of 5 games for) and i only use software i can afford.

it doesnt matter if they are earning billions or not the fact is you are stealing. do you walk into JD and take an adidas t-shirt, or maybe top man and take one of their pairs of jeans? why not they make millions and its only advertising it if your waring it?

your a fool, buy your products or dont use them.

How exactly do we the public get ripped off? I've never really understood that. Surely that just means you don't want to pay for anything?

Or is it like the SYSTEM man? Free media for everyone. All cars are the same price, and fuel is like, well, free dude. Bring it down. Bring it all down!1 rar rar rabble rabble.

Merc
I acknowledge the fact that it is stealing and also acknowledge the fact that this wont last forever so I am taking advantage of this as are millions upon millions of others. Robin Hood style! The hackers who do all this for others for free deserve a 'f'ing medal.

How do the public get ripped off?? Tax, extortionate insurance quotes, you guys in the UK about £5 a packet of cigarettes (£1.50 here), fuel etc etc.

I put enough back into the society as it is, or I could always be a 'benefit thieve' and live in a council house when I can afford a house, live off dole (tax payers), not pay anything oh and a common favourite claim disability allowances when they could out run me on the quarter mile lol.

I'm not here to argue with anyone and agree to an extent with your views but everyone has there own views/way of thinking.