ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mass Effect 2

White Sti Hatch
I downloaded then when i started to i was able to play the Normandy one so i think youve just got to find them

Lotus Exige, 182
If by the free ones you mean zathrian and the original normandy (only thing I did last night was finish up at Omega and do this mission, found it a little emotional actually :eek:), they are found by exploration.

Any extra armour and items are equipped on the normandy. I refuse to use the blood dragon armour as I find the helmet annoying!

Cheers Will

1.8 Civic EX
does the second one actually autosave a bit more frequently? (I know i can save manually too, just so used to games continually autosaving at checkpoints etc I keep forgetting to do it)

I put about 2 hours into ME last night then died, clicked on the "continue" button and it loaded up at the last time it saved...2hours wasted....needless to say i switched it off lol

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
does the second one actually autosave a bit more frequently? (I know i can save manually too, just so used to games continually autosaving at checkpoints etc I keep forgetting to do it)

I put about 2 hours into ME last night then died, clicked on the "continue" button and it loaded up at the last time it saved...2hours wasted....needless to say i switched it off lol

Ouch! It may do - but I make a habit of pressing F5 quite a lot - lol!

One thing I have noticed is the very long load times when entering a new area/zone. Takes an age!

D.

It saves "checkpoints" before almost every fight and autosaves at every new area.

Insane is actually a challenge! :D
I died maybe 3 times total on Normal?

On Insane I've done the mission to get the Scientist and the loyalty mission for Zaeed. And I must of died.. what? 30 times by now? :lolup:

1.8 Civic EX
think I'm nearly there on my 1st play through of the 1st game. Just got the "complete a majority of the game" achievment....

gonna play it through two more times to get some more achievments then I'm out to get the second!

On a side note are any of the D/C missions for the 1st worth getting?

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Yeah I come home from work and do a mission or two. I helped Zaeed with his revenge last night, but the c*nt Vido got away, as I was too occupied helping the engineers to safety. LOL.

I've also just finished another side quest going back with Jacob to look into a distress call from his dad, and I opened the containment chamber and added Grunt to my team.

Lotus Exige, 182
I was meant to be playing through it as a hero, but my shepherd has taken a turn for the worst and so sacrifised the engineers in return for killing Vito!

I got midway through recruiting the Assassin last night.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Anyone know how far I am off in the main game? My next mission is to retrieve the IFF's.

I've neglected to go on that quest yet, as I was asked if I'd rather continue to build my team, which I am doing. Recruited the Assassin and Tali last night.

Nissan 350z
Im at the same point as you Scutch. I have just done everyones bonus mission to make them loyal and now i have those 2 extra people to recruit from Illium or whatever its called that the Elusive Man recommended i pickup.

Ive been putting off that IFF mission until ive done absolutely everything else.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Just finished it now - absolutely bloody epic game! :approve: It easily matches and in parts, surpasses the awesomeness of Fallout 3, imo.

I came in a few minutes under 36 hours in total. All systems explored and all missions completed.

The one little quirk I encountered was that I got all the squad members loyal, except for Miranda. I went for a quick pee at one stage (lol) and came back to the PC to find Jack and Miranda having an argument. The only two options I could pick were either either "Back off Jack" or "Calm down Miranda" - something along those lines anyway.

So I told Miranda to chill and that was it - she wouldn't speak to me for the rest of the game! ;)

I wonder how the import thing will work for ME3? Surely I couldn't import my character at Level 26 straight into the beginning of ME3 - or else it would be like a Chuck Norris film and ultimately, quite pointless. Unless it's just your history and/or skill tree that gets used?

I must say that the engineer class was superb - those probes that you can upgrade provide a massive distraction for the enemies. Really useful when you're outnumbered.

D.

Ollie's Silver Cup
Jack and Miranda having an argument. The only two options I could pick were either either "Back off Jack" or "Calm down Miranda" - something along those lines anyway.

So I told Miranda to chill and that was it - she wouldn't speak to me for the rest of the game! ;)

I took Miranda's side in that argument; now Jack don't speak to me :rasp: lol!

Ollie's Silver Cup
I should have took Miranda's side as Jack was already loyal to me. I don't think the game would have made them unloyal, would it?

Ah, well.... :)

D.

Yeah, I think it does; I'd done the Jack mission already and she was loyal, then after that she wasn't :dead:

Well if you can use your level 26 character on ME3, you could always start on insane?
Or you could replay ME2 on insane with your lvl 26 character. (As I did). ;)

Just finished it now - absolutely bloody epic game! :approve: It easily matches and in parts, surpasses the awesomeness of Fallout 3, imo.

I came in a few minutes under 36 hours in total. All systems explored and all missions completed.

The one little quirk I encountered was that I got all the squad members loyal, except for Miranda. I went for a quick pee at one stage (lol) and came back to the PC to find Jack and Miranda having an argument. The only two options I could pick were either either "Back off Jack" or "Calm down Miranda" - something along those lines anyway.

I wonder how the import thing will work for ME3? Surely I couldn't import my character at Level 26 straight into the beginning of ME3 - or else it would be like a Chuck Norris film and ultimately, quite pointless. Unless it's just your history and/or skill tree that gets used?

I must say that the engineer class was superb - those probes that you can upgrade provide a massive distraction for the enemies. Really useful when you're outnumbered.

D.

Mito Sportiva 135
I'm a vanguard and at the moment the charge attack isn't great, as if you don't kill the enemy you are point blank in range and probably miles away from your support.

However as it levels up it is becoming pretty formidable.

Monaro VXR
You can get them loyal again but you need 100% paragon or renegade.

If you have that anyway you can quite easily keep them both loyal straight off. Just pick the paragon option. Same with Tali and Legion.

I imported my ME1 character, Got a few starting credits and some other bits and pieces and remembered all my choices. Certain characters appeared I helped in the first game etc. Other than that no real big difference.

Just about to go for the last couple missions. Just been visiting lots of stores getting new star maps and other crap. pretty much everything is fully upgraded and loyal. 47 hours in so far though.

Last edited:
  UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Think I'm on around 27 hours or so now.

Enjoying it, but the planet scanning is a bit of a ball ache.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Well I've already upgraded it a bit, got a faster scanner for a start. I do the old rapid left trigger scanning rather than holding it down and waiting for the rumble.

Still, it's all good. :cool:

Mito Sportiva 135
I failed Thane's loyalty mission and now he is depressed about his son. Is there any way back? I only just noticed he wasn't loyal and played about 15 hours since then so don't want to go back. I don't really ever use Thane so no problems in terms of that, just will it make a difference to my ending at all?

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I failed a couple of loyalty missions, mainly because of how I wanted the story to pan out at the time. I sided with Miranda over Jack, which f*cked her off. In the end, the more loyal team members you have, the less likely they are to die come the end. If you want everyone to survive, it's best reading up on Mass Effect 2 wiki final mission, as I didn't and l lost a few guys. Had to restart it later on. Also didn't upgrade my ship enough... I'd advise you to do that, as well ;)

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I failed Thane's loyalty mission and now he is depressed about his son. Is there any way back? I only just noticed he wasn't loyal and played about 15 hours since then so don't want to go back. I don't really ever use Thane so no problems in terms of that, just will it make a difference to my ending at all?

Thane was a good one for me. I usually used him for distant targets, the Krogan with a shotgun for stuff up close and myself covering the middle distances. Seemed to work quite well. :)

D.

Mito Sportiva 135
Ok cheers guys.

I am a vanguard so got the charge for smashing into people from long distances, and also fully upgraded the shockwave. Earlier on I also chose sniper skill so I am pretty good for long range, then usually always have Grunt and then either Miranda or the Turian (also on another note, really annoying me even in his "loyal" suit he is still all damaged!)

Not really used Jack much might give her an opportunity. The other human soldier guy is a bit dull, a bit like the guy who dies in the first one.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Anyone fancy swapping it for forza 3 or BF BD 2 for a couple of weeks.

Our net has been cut off up at uni so i wont be able to play online, need something good offline.

Game trade for a few weeks.

YES

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
There's an updated DLC for this out now, too. New weapon, character and mission set :cool:

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
No. But if you give me your address, I'll send you my copy of the game until I want it back.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Just finished it the main quest/ all loyalty missions and most of the side missions i think.

On about 28 hours, i've been playing about 6 hours a day because we have no internet and i've done most of my work.

My eyes hurt but it was epic.

I only think i lost Kelly and maybe miranda at the end, which sucked because i wanted to screw them both, but instead i screwed jack... eeew.

I might do it again in a few days on a harder level, but i've overkilled it, so dont wanna play for a while.

Mito Sportiva 135
Epic game. Did it on the hard setting, about 50 hours. The ending was great. Everyone survived except Thane (not bothered, never used him) and Grunt...which did actually upset me a little as sad as that sounds as he was one of my favourite characters. I was considering doing the ending again, but decided "no" that's what happened and will just live with the consequences. I got Miranda in the end though and all the crew and Grunt died in a blaze of glory and seemed satisfied with what he had done. I also gave the base to Cerberus after killing the "baby" Reaper, which I'm not sure was the best idea after everyone's comments back on the ship, but we shall see in the next and final sequel.

Was truly emotionally engaging and even more so than the first game, a true blurring between gaming and cinematic story telling. I liked how I wanted to be good, but maybe by me giving the base to the Elusive Man I have in fact done something terrible. Same as in the first one I was trying to be good but yet let the whole council die.

Anyway, I will stop babling and just say this is without doubt my most memorable gaming experience to date and think the whole continuos story is such a great concept.