ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mass Effect 3

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
New nVidia driver apparently offers a 2x performance for ME3 in SLi.

I translate that as "we fucked up on the initial driver...... quick, let's fix it" ;)

D.

Mito Sportiva 135
That's how the publishers are stopping second hand sales and encouraging "premium" versions...think this is the future unfortunately.

Not long now though!

Mito Sportiva 135
Sadly think it is the way of the industry now...but I think I used to pay like £40 for a game on my Megae Drive which perhaps lasted me 2 or 3 weeks at most (could complete a lot of games on the day you purchased it). Now 15-20 years later games cost the same money so with inflation are actually a lot cheaper, and last a lot longer (e.g. a BF or COD game can last a year, Skyrim I have spent 110 hours on so far etc) and games now cost a lot more to make. On top of this, many people now only buy games second hand, and the publishers get nothing in return for this. Stands to reason they look for ways to increase their revenue streams and I think £8 every couple of months or whatever for some new maps isn't that bad really.

Evo 5 RS
New nVidia driver apparently offers a 2x performance for ME3 in SLi.

I translate that as "we f**ked up on the initial driver...... quick, let's fix it" ;)

D.

Or it could be that it's only just come out and they've tweaked it for the game? No, in fact that is why lol.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Sadly think it is the way of the industry now...but I think I used to pay like £40 for a game on my Megae Drive which perhaps lasted me 2 or 3 weeks at most (could complete a lot of games on the day you purchased it). Now 15-20 years later games cost the same money so with inflation are actually a lot cheaper, and last a lot longer (e.g. a BF or COD game can last a year, Skyrim I have spent 110 hours on so far etc) and games now cost a lot more to make. On top of this, many people now only buy games second hand, and the publishers get nothing in return for this. Stands to reason they look for ways to increase their revenue streams and I think £8 every couple of months or whatever for some new maps isn't that bad really.

Good point. I guess the only thing that hurts is when you look at £30 for the game itself, then maybe £8 or so for the two or three DLCs. Then seemingly the entire bunch is chucked together in a GoTY Edition a few weeks later for £40, then it crops up in a Steam sale for £15, weeks after that. ;)

The only game I have devoutly purchased every expansion for on day of release was for Company of Heroes. These days, I tend to simply hang fire and get the GoTY/Ultimate Edition/Platinum Version on release instead. There are some exception though - and Mass Effect 3 will be one game bought on release day.

Or it could be that it's only just come out and they've tweaked it for the game? No, in fact that is why lol.

Lol! Are we both getting that cynical in our gaming years?! :cool:

D.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
I played the demo last night, whilst it was very polished and impressive visually, i thought it seemed a bit dull.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I played the demo last night, whilst it was very polished and impressive visually, i thought it seemed a bit dull.

I wasn't in the right mindset to run across those rooftops for that long. It got switched off.

Evo 5 RS
I read a study once which scientifically proved if you didn't like this franchise you're actually a direct descendant of the worlds most homosexual man

Mito Sportiva 135
Getting some ridiculously good reviews so far, saying taking the trilogy as a whole it is the most important game ever etc, and that it has revolutionsised what games could be (e.g. personalised yet epic story telling, solid gameplay etc etc).

Mine is pre-ordered, just got the standard version as figured the free armour and gun you get in the special edition are likely to be average and/or make the early part of the game too easy.

I just wish I hadn't given Cerberus the reaper info at the end of ME2...considering going back and playing the suicide mission through again.

CANNOT WAIT!

Mito Sportiva 135
I want to play Skyrim first...as I will probably never play it again if I stop now.

Tempted to take a few days off work to play this. At 27, is this considered sad???

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I wasn't in the right mindset to run across those rooftops for that long. It got switched off.

The trouble is with that m8, is that it's like complaining that a World Cup final is boring, when you've just watched 3.2secs of the ref with his notepad. You really need the whole experience of the previous two games (end to end) in order to fully appreciate the story, the characters and (hopefully) it's fitting conclusion.

For me, it's 1-1 at the minute - with four minutes left to go on the clock. Small excited. ;)

D.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
The trouble is with that m8, is that it's like complaining that a World Cup final is boring, when you've just watched 3.2secs of the ref with his notepad. You really need the whole experience of the previous two games (end to end) in order to fully appreciate the story, the characters and (hopefully) it's fitting conclusion.

For me, it's 1-1 at the minute - with four minutes left to go on the clock. Small excited. ;)

D.

I agree mate, like I say, I was in a rush so in the wrong mindset to even contemplate finishing the demo.

Mito Sportiva 135
I agree mate, like I say, I was in a rush so in the wrong mindset to even contemplate finishing the demo.

Exactly, didn't bother with the demo, didn't need to. ME is also weird in that it is amazing but I only played each through once and left it at that. No exploration of other avenues or "what ifs". I treated the games like it was real life, and did what I would do if I was given the options. Sure, it lead to the galactic council dying and giving Cerberus dying, and mate awesome Krogan mate dying a hero's death in the suicide mission (which is how he would like to go!) - and once was enough for me to be sure it is the most awesome thing ever made, by anyone.

Evo 5 RS
Well surprisingly the multiplayer is pretty damn good. Not award winning or anything but enjoyable. Anything above bronze challenge level is really difficult though...

Played some of the SP as well, won't doop any spoilers ;)

Mito Sportiva 135
Thoughts so far:

- Engrossing intro, sets up the story quite quickly, you know what you will have to be doing and where the story is going early on
- Presentation is epic as is the voice acting and face animation (was getting knocked back by others, I thought it's really good?)
- Customisation is good, sort of between 1 and 2 - easy to use, clean and intuitive

Annoyingly I got the face glitch so didn't recognise my imported character, but just made it again like in 2, only slightly older looking.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Saw these comments elsewhere :

Up untill the end, it's pretty much a 10/10 game IMO. Almost (but not completely) flawless...but then totally buggered up by the ending/final choice (or lack thereof). Argh. So frustrating. You don't even get an epilogue. Totally underwhelmed.

Erm I don't really know now. It's a brilliant game totally ruined by the last 10 minutes. If you've played ME1 and ME2 as well, then you've probably racked up something like 80 hours of game time, not including multiple playthroughs which doubles that total. You do become really attached to your Shepard, you invest a lot of time in it and then it's just such a flat, empty ending it really destroys the entire series IMO. While playing through I thought it was incredible, now I don't know why I wasted my time on it.

So, as a warning, don't play the last 10 minutes. Clearly.

Evo 5 RS
There are rumours they're bringing out DLC for the ending which is so moronic. I'm taking my time with it.

EA really need to stop rubbing people up the wrong way as well...

Last edited by a moderator:
  Mito Sportiva 135
This is disappointing...was kind of expecting an epic finish to this game...maybe a Star Wars type party on Earth with all the people you've saved along the way joining you and saying a few words each, different awards for how many you saved etc...

Mito Sportiva 135
About 7 hours in now...just done the level where you meet the Turian general / new Primarch. Was playing on normal and finding it too easy, increased it and wow...the bit at the end of the level where you have to clear the base was solid! 2 brutes rushing you and lots of ground troops shooting you. My squad wasn't really very well geared for the fight and it was very tricky, but great sense of achievement once I finally did it. Alsi got EDI as a playable character now...yet to use her in combat but excited to do so!

Also finding the upgrade system really good, I like how you can swap attachments and you choose which particular weapons you want to improve the attributes for so you end up with a few decent weapons rather than loads of average ones.

I turned down Liara's advancements despite romancing her in the first game...Ashley is the one!

Mito Sportiva 135
So far...epic. The combat is awesome, lots of decent fan service and references to previous games, so many codexes with decent (concise) background information, more RPG-ness than ME2, but not as detailed as ME1. Most importantly though the story is brilliant and as compelling as any top notch film and dialogue is (usually) interesting and meaningfull.

I am taking my time with this game though as I am aware it isn't that long and want to really enjoy it...meant to only be 30-40 hours compared to the 110+ I have already played on Skyrim (with loads still left to do!)

BMW 535d
Really good game. Completed it in around 30 hours.

Poor ending though as stated.

Definately had me hooked though

I never played 1 or 2 so I have to admit the story confused me a little bit

Basically synthetics killing all but the youngest organic races to stamp out wrong doing or something?

Then what Shephard does at the end destroys earth anyway?

Confusing

f**king SPOILERS GRR