ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mass Effect 3

Mk2 Golf GTI
Spirez - why on Earth did you do that?!

I need to go through and do the ending again now the extra bits have been created. Either that or just watch them on Youtube. For some reaon even though this is probably my favourite game ever, once I complete each one I never touch them again.

I couldn't tell you mate! I only just got the PS3 and was trying to get some use out of it. Thought graphics may have been better also.

Gonna start them all again anyway as I love the series. Will probably go for a female Sheperd this time and get a bit of lezz action going on :cool: Also going to use the biotic class for a change as I've never really bothered before.

Mito Sportiva 135
Haha fair play. I think ME2 on PS3 had slightly better resolutions than the 360 version as it came out later and was closer to looking more like ME3 did on both consoles, but nothing major. Having said that there is a glitch in the game so my character's look from ME2 didn't carry over (although the story and actions did).

I played as male Shephard but apparently the voice acting for the female is much better, I just always like to pretend it's me in a game though! I think I played vangard for the first 2 games then sentinel for the third...was a good laugh.

Plummer - yeh playing with people who are also good makes gold possible, but playing with strangers often meant people running off doing their own thing and not winning. When I played with you in the past though (think on COD and Halo Reach, IIRC?) you always smashed it though. Get a life haha (I am jealous!)

Mito Sportiva 135
Reach is still good now, love the swat games and team snipers (which you were also annoyingly good at IIRC!?)

Haha yes they were both my favs! (even though I wasn't 'that' great at them), still managed some montage material from them though!
Not played it in ages, should maybe, I've been off 1st person shooters for a while now..

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Bought this cheap-er off Amazon last week and have put about 7 hours into. So far, so good - really liking it - especially the production values and the same music for the galaxy map, etc.

Downloaded the free 1.8GB alternative ending too after I've still closed my eyes and ears to the apparent originals' crappy ending. Will definitely be sticking with it through to the end.

D.

Mito Sportiva 135
I just watched the extra ending on YouTube, in my eyes didn't change much and the game was all about the journey rather than the ending. I think people were expecting a million Hollywood style full length conclusions to be made or something!

Without spoiling anything, the lead up to the end of the game was most memorable for me, and 'The Shephard' character really did leave a lasting impression. Great trilogy of games - best thing this console generation IMO.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Right guys - I'm hitting a brick wall with this. 33 hours in and I just cannot get past the bit where you launch the two missiles at the Reaper guarding the beam up to the Citadel.

I tried it initially with Blue Head and Garrus, but after dying 20+ times at the bit where the banshees appear, I thought I'd try a different team. Restarted that level and had to replay 25mins of it, this time with James and EDI. Didn't die once - even taking on those four brutes that appear near the missile carriers - all straight-forward enough.

Then it all goes pear-shaped when those banshees arrive. They warp towards you very quickly and seemingly these ones have about 50% more hit points? Nothing has that much affect on them - and all my weapons have level 5 stats and level 5 unlocks on them. I've tried attacking them from distance. From close up. Hiding in a corner. Evading and rolling away from their fire. Using all the powers I have. Trying different weapons combos on myself and also the two team-mates - but nothing works. The marauders that continually stream in have stupid (and by that, I mean STUPIDLY) accurate fire - many times firing at a corner of a wall or building that I've yet to reach. Hmmmm - AI aimbot helping?? They also seem tougher than normal too - shrugging off headshots from the Black Widow rifle with apparent ease.

It's the combination of the banshees and marauders that makes it so damned hard. The banshees require clip after clip of accurate fire to bring down just one - but at the same time, the marauders flank you and shoot you it what should be protective cover. One hit off the banshee and your shield is history and your health gets ripped away my the fire from the marauders.

I'm just utterly stuck on how to do this bit. I really am. Any ideas guys???? :(

D.

Mito Sportiva 135
Not played this for a while - the banshees were really hard and they were the ones I concentrated on killing. Just keep away from them as much as possible but concentrate on them. I think I used some biotics to keep knocking them back and running around once they got close (keeping cover doesn't work too well against them!) and left my team mates as buffer shields, reviving them as necessary. The marauders can be handled afterwards / as you're running about. Also select team members who are more tank like as you want them to last as long as possible and soak up some damage.

Sorry can't be more specific in tactics but did this like a year ago! I remember it being challenging but just went gung ho and firing off bullets/biotics as quick as I could. This is probably the hardest bif of the game though, once you do this it's quite easy for the remainder.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Not played this for a while - the banshees were really hard and they were the ones I concentrated on killing. Just keep away from them as much as possible but concentrate on them. I think I used some biotics to keep knocking them back and running around once they got close (keeping cover doesn't work too well against them!) and left my team mates as buffer shields, reviving them as necessary. The marauders can be handled afterwards / as you're running about. Also select team members who are more tank like as you want them to last as long as possible and soak up some damage.

Sorry can't be more specific in tactics but did this like a year ago! I remember it being challenging but just went gung ho and firing off bullets/biotics as quick as I could. This is probably the hardest bif of the game though, once you do this it's quite easy for the remainder.

Thanks for the info m8. Finally cracked it just now - though that was after dying a further three times and being very flukey in getting to the missile controls!

Liked it overall - shame to see the end of the series in a lot of ways. I think in order, ME2 was my favourite, then ME3, followed by ME1.

D.

Monaco 172
I'm really intrigued to get this game and I have a ps3 and an Xbox at the gfs, ideally I want it for the ps3 as my gf is an ASW so I won't get much peace at hers, can't seem to find the original anywhere for it, any ideas or links? Also might be willing to get the series for the pc, I only have a Sony vaio, would it be capable of playing these? I have a 1.5gHz i3 dual core and 4GB of ram?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I'm really intrigued to get this game and I have a ps3 and an Xbox at the gfs, ideally I want it for the ps3 as my gf is an ASW so I won't get much peace at hers, can't seem to find the original anywhere for it, any ideas or links? Also might be willing to get the series for the pc, I only have a Sony vaio, would it be capable of playing these? I have a 1.5gHz i3 dual core and 4GB of ram?

You mean either of these? ;)

http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4...urce=0&searchtype=allproducts&urlrefer=search

http://www.play.com/Games/PlayStati...urce=0&searchtype=allproducts&urlrefer=search

I think your PC might be struggling a bit to handle the later game(s) to be fair. Though it should handle the original Mass Effect well enough.

D.

Monaco 172
Oh yeah I saw the trilogy, was just wondering if they can be purchased separate but it seems I can only get the original on PSN. Yeah will have to get myself a decent gaming rig in a few years, thanks for the help though :)

Mito Sportiva 135
I think the bit before the end in ME3 is the most impactful, where you have a chat with all your crew members.

I've not played Citadel but everyone raves about that.

Overall though I think the trilogy as a whole is my best gaming experience ever - certainly ME1 was the first 360 game I played which made me think 'this is truly next gen' and ME2 and ME3 were both different and awesome in their own way.