ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Massive hesitation problem

BG 182
Just got in my car and took it on 15 minute drive.

I noticed massive hesitation when accelarating, but i put this down to the engine been cold and just needed a warm up.
After 30 minutes of driving, im still getting this issue! scared to drive it incase im doing damage.

Basically, i cant get it over 5000 revs. Cant accelarate quick, it just judders and theres no power hardly.

Anyone know what this could be? or is it straight to the garage for me?

Cheers

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
sounds like it "may" be lambda sensor.

you need to get to a garage with decent diagnostic software to see what faults are recorded.

andy

BG 182
Cheers for that Andy,
Speaking to my mate, he said if it was the sensor then the engine mgmt light should come on? is that true?

He also said it could be the coil pack? - reading a few over threads on here it seems it could be a possible solution aswell.
Does anyone know how much the coil packs are, & if i could get hold of one tomorrow quickly?

i have this exact same problem.

Every now and then at around 3.5k rpm it will cut the power and judder, and it will hit the limiter at 5 or 6k rather than the full 7.2

I've only recently changed the plugs so dont think its that.

Let me know if you get any progress.

O

OferPeleg

I had the same problem, you can browse my threads,
and after 3 months of replacing every sensor, fuel pump, fuel filter ..and much more...problem solved !

the issue was the ignition sensor connector (below the air filter, place on top of the gear box) , the connector is located at a very hot area and is connected with very delicate wires... the connection to the sensor was very poor and very unpredictable (the engine vibration was causing the problem to disappear for a while).

i had it by soldering a new connector ( I guess that you will have to buy a new sensor, you can’t buy only the connector).

And since then ... no hesitation !

Titanium 182
and after 3 months of replacing every sensor, fuel pump, fuel filter ..and much more...problem solved !

the issue was the ignition sensor connector (below the air filter, place on top of the gear box) , the connector is located at a very hot area and is connected with very delicate wires... the connection to the sensor was very poor and very unpredictable (the engine vibration was causing the problem to disappear for a while).

i had it by soldering a new connector ( I guess that you will have to buy a new sensor, you can’t buy only the connector).

There you go Tom :) ^

I had a similar problem, wouldnt go above 5k rpm, the gearchange light kept flashing on too. Turned out to be a bad earth from the gearbox to the chassis.

and after 3 months of replacing every sensor,fuel pump,fuel filter ..and much more...problem solved !

i had it by soldering a new connector ( I guess that you will have to buy a new sensor,you can’t buy only the connector).

Sorry but is this ignition sensor connector not another name for the tdc/crank sensor?

Titanium 182
How come mine works but yours doesn't :( aren't they the same mannnnn wtf

Last edited:
  Focus RS mk1
LOL

I genuinely feel like im being told off by a teacher. I've now ordered one as a result. Thanks for making me do it. If it sorts it, we can marry, if it doesnt im not doing any of your homework and i'll tell the headteacher you touched me.
respect my authority lol, if it sorts it you can touch me lol!

RS RIP
watertempgauge allright during driving / normal reading as ever ? When the TDC sensor changing has'nt worked out for you (i do'nt think the car will even start up with a broken tdc sensor?) , you should trie this ;

Big possibility it's a dodgy watertemp sensor. When the car is cold, it hesitates because of a sort of limiter setting. When this sensor is broken, the ecu may be tricked to stay in the cold/limiter mode. Read about pretty many cases where this was going on, sounds like yours

watertempgauge allright during driving / normal reading as ever ? When the TDC sensor changing has'nt worked out for you (i do'nt think the car will even start up with a broken tdc sensor?) , you should trie this ;

Big possibility it's a dodgy watertemp sensor. When the car is cold, it hesitates because of a sort of limiter setting. When this sensor is broken, the ecu may be tricked to stay in the cold/limiter mode. Read about pretty many cases where this was going on, sounds like yours

Definately worth a try if the TDC sensor doesnt sort it.

For me, the temp guage has been working perfectly, giving entirely normal readings