ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Matched inlet manifolds

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Hi all,
i am going to be doing my cam belt and aux next week so i was thinking about getting the inlet sent away to be worked as well.

I have a X reg ph1 172 so my questions are

1, Is it worth me getting it done?
2, If yes, then what company is the best to use?
3, PTFE manifold gaskets are they also worth doing?

Look forward to your answers,

Cheers scott.

Clio 172mk2
u shud be able to get it done on a swap for cash.

8-12 bhp gain at a gues , but may need ecu mapping

any one with a cnc machine

prfe , are your doing track days , or do your want the best ?

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Not planning on doing a trackday but then you never know...

I just wanted to be pointed in the right direction with getting the inlets done, if its not worth paying for the gaskets i will just get the Renault ones.

Cheers scott

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
JMS for all the work, top blokes and in your area as well, defo worth getting them done.

ITB'd MK1
phase 1's make the most gain from matched inlets as they're the worst casting as standard. I'd use APDevelopments inlets, they're the best i've seen for a mail-order item.
I'll be doing them myself again, in-house, once i'm in my workshop, but fitted only.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
phase 1's make the most gain from matched inlets as they're the worst casting as standard. I'd use APDevelopments inlets, they're the best i've seen for a mail-order item.
I'll be doing them myself again, in-house, once i'm in my workshop, but fitted only.

Oh good. You can do mine then.:D

Clio 172mk2
I thought it was possible to see about 10 with ecu mapped, along side. As he has a ph1 ,thought they had the pooorer state manifolds

1, Is it worth me getting it done? Yes
2, If yes, then what company is the best to use? Depends where you are, if you can fit them yourself or need them fitted.
3, PTFE manifold gaskets are they also worth doing? Nope, save your money.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
1, Is it worth me getting it done? Yes
2, If yes, then what company is the best to use? Depends where you are, if you can fit them yourself or need them fitted.
3, PTFE manifold gaskets are they also worth doing? Nope, save your money.
Thanks thats all i wanted done is my questions answered.....lol

I am in Tilbury, Essex
Taking off and fitting is not a problem, worked on Aston Martins for over 10 years and am a engineer in the newspaper print for the last 8 years....:cool:

So how much to get mine ones done if i take them off and send or bring them to you?

Regards Scott

You bests gains from matched inlets are the phase 1 so its defo worth getting yours done, as for bhp increase you will see anything from 2-5bhp, i know when i had my cup done paul@rstuning said the most he ever sees out of matched inlets on phase2 172 are between 1-3bhp, yours should see around that or slightly more as yours will be matched poorly

Golf V6 4Motion
PTFE gaskets are worth doing if you want a well sealing, reuseable gasket, that can reduce inlet temps and will never be effected by oil/petrol etc. A lot of people on here run them with positive results.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Sorry to raise this again but has anyone got a price to do this work if i remove and send my inlets?

Regards Scott

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Cheers Fred, i will look them up. I have already bought Renault gaskets now.