ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Matched inlet :)

Megane 225 Cup
heres a few pics of my matched lower inlet fitted today

shame the top one was off a 182 :(

27022010628.jpg

27022010627.jpg

172 ph-quick
im thinking you may get flamed for having them matched to the gaskets.
either way hope it makes a nice difference, had mine done at jms and its well worth it.

Megane 225 Cup
seems to make a different induction noise more deep

alot more mid range power , havent realy had time to give it a thrashing though

just bored out inlets , meaning more air flow will give you 5bhp or so if your lucky , need to get the car mapped with them to see good gains though , £100 is cheap considering k tec charge £175 each

2005 Nissan Navara
They aren't just bored out at all. Well, saying that, if you are only experiencing 5bhp from them then doesn't sound to good of a job, and they may have been hacked to death.

They don't need a remap to see a very noticeable gain.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Technically you would need a remap to see the best from them.

10bhp though, ok.

Surprised me a lot as well.. l'll post a scan as have a graph with both results overlaid.

Was on a dasteq r.r at circuit motors at castle combe btw.

Car made 188bhp but I know that is a tad optimistic ;-)

Edit: that was with full ktec system and decat with drop in filter.. and recent service.

They aren't just bored out at all. Well, saying that, if you are only experiencing 5bhp from them then doesn't sound to good of a job, and they may have been hacked to death.

They don't need a remap to see a very noticeable gain.

not mine , i have jenvey throttle bodies on mine , i am only saying from previous posts on here what people say they have gained some say they didnt notice anything from them , and some say they notice a big difference , and for them being hacked to death im sure GDI would of had them properly machined and not done with some dremmel ,

2005 Nissan Navara
I can only comment on the inlets I personally supply to customers/companies I deal with. The always see a good gain....circa 10bhp is the norm.

Yup remap is ideally required, like I said, gains are always seen without.

clio sport 182
I have a few question about matched inlets.
Do I need matched inlets from both side?, beacuse on photos I see matched space from one side.
Upper inlet (plenum) is too matched or no?