ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Matched inlets and remap question!!

Lem

Clio 182
Looking into getting both these mods done probably by AW but wanted to know from people who have already had it done if it adds any top end? and does the reduction of the 5k kick make the car feels less urgent at higher revs??

80MPG BEEZA
aint many things that will add top end, the remap will increase rev limiter letting you reach a slightly higher speed in each gear though

M135i
ive had a remap done by RS tuning and the inlets done by AWT. map was done to suit inlets. alot more low down torque imo. such a great mod combo to do. 5k kick was more pronounced too. not really bothered with top end speed tbh, ive always stated that. just the drivability is awesome now :)

Lem

Clio 182
ok so regardless of the gains acheived by either type (172,182) would you lot agree it is a very worthwhile mod or is there more effective mods around the same price?

M

mini-valver

For £600 there is'nt much you can do to get the same gains. Although it's variable with inlets as to how much you will gain due to the castings being so different I.e one car may gain 5-8bhp and more torque wheras another, notoriously Ja.Jack's, may gain very little in peak Hp but power is better spread across the rev range on all accounts of what i've read....

M2 Competition
Without going to cams etc (which is big money) id go for...

Itg panel filter, decent exhaust and decat, angelworks manifold and remap.

Clio 172 Cup
i have gone for:

ktec stealth exhaust
ktec straight through decat
ITG maxogen inlet kit
Angelworks manifold

Got my RS Tuning remap tomorrow and pauls going to do the before and after runs on his new RR.

Will let you know the outcome, but the difference so far can be seen throughout the whole rev range.

Peperami, snap with the cars, who did you book your trackday with?

Sib

Clio 172 (Silver)
I'm needing the decat and manifold (hopefully the latter will be sorted soon).

Then I should be on par with the above list.

Clio 182
glad to hear the decat works well am goin for that mod next but didnt know if i needed a remap aswell ? which system have u gone for ?

Clio 182
I have an ITG replacment filter, K-Tec de-cat, and the K-Tec reflash. I must say that these mods together are day and night difference from stock. Thanks K-Tec!@!!!!