ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

matched inlets.. Help :)

S2000 + E91 330D
Hi all, Just fitted my matched inlets. got a bit of a problem. my car now misfires.. if i put my foot down, it just misfires till about 3k then it runs alrite.. if i rev it up when not moving/not in gear it sounds fine..

anyone help?

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Something must be loose mate or broke when you refitted it, coilpack/leads all ok? One wasnt loose and you moving it tipped it over the edge?

Evo
I'd put my money on a vacuum hose, either not fitted correctly ( if at all ) or damaged in the process.

53 Clio's & counting
the cylinders fire at seperate times, so the spark is put in at seperate times, so if the plug leads are on wrong, then the spark will be put in at the wrong time and the car will run badly

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
if it was the plugs in the wrong order it would be missfiring and spluttering all the way through the rev range . a good way to check is to get some wd40 and spray that around the inlet when its running ( not into air filter/ throttlebody) if there is a vac leak somewere the car will bog out or die . then locate leak and sort the problem .

S2000 + E91 330D
I've had enough for tonight, took everything off, checked everything. put it all back together and it's still doing it. I'll carry on tomorrow. with the wd40 (ty mx1_champ). the only thing i did noticed is that when i put the upper inlet on, the bit with renault sport on it. it doesnt feel like its sitting down properly, i can rock it slightly. must be a problem there with the vacuum leak as said. my back f**king kills me from leaning over so much...

Thanks for the help guys.
i'll let you know how i get on tomorrow after work!

:)

S2000 + E91 330D
Still no luck.
It's definitely missing on no.2 cylinder.

im thinking HT leads / Coilpack..

anyone know rough prices for these? :)

S2000 + E91 330D
I've already sorted that out, was just some s**t built up.. its now sitting flush and level when i put the upper inlet on..

RS RIP
many of the OEM inlets are badly cast , not good for flow. The little edges are machined away "matching" them to the rest of the ports , in short.

Monaco 172 (02)
many of the OEM inlets are badly cast , not good for flow. The little edges are machined away "matching" them to the rest of the ports , in short.

What effect does this have on the car?!

Is it expensive? Seems very popular.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
All depends how bad your original ones are, you might be putting £200 down the drain but on the other hand it might give you another 2-3bhp.

S2000 + E91 330D
fixed!
faulty leads.
:)
i shall order some tomorrow, as i was only trying off a friends car, trial and error.

thanks for the advice dudes.