ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Matched inlets????????????

Clio 172 phase 2
Can anyone help me with some info an matched inlets? What are they, how do they work, who are the best people to go to about them and how much are they. What sort of gains could i get and would i need other things to go with them cheers.

im not too clued up on Cios yet. i was gonna get rid of my 172 but ive replaced the 17" wheels that were on the car when i bought it with standard 16s and now i love it. i couldnt believe the difference!

2003 clio 172
there not going to give you massive gains. car will pull more strongly through the rev range and a better torque curve will be achieved. There a good mod to go with an exhaust and induction setup but dont expect massive gains. jms do a good set and i think ktec have got an offer on atm for a stage 2 setup that includes them which dont look to bad.

Clio 172 phase 2
Ive just paid up to full membership and read up about the jms kit. ive got a k&n panel filter in standard air box and a scorpion cat back exhaust. i think ill get the car re mapped then put any more money into other things.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I have a ph1 172 which have the more restricted inlets, Ben @ Angelworks is doing mine and is replacing the lower inlet with a RS item but he is still going to open that up along with the upper.
Should get about 5-8 bhp i have been told with a re-map i think, but the car should be better in the mid rev range. Only got mind done as its a good mod to do and i had them off as i have just done my belts.

I have a ph1 172 which have the more restricted inlets, Ben @ Angelworks is doing mine and is replacing the lower inlet with a RS item but he is still going to open that up along with the upper.
Should get about 5-8 bhp i have been told with a re-map i think, but the car should be better in the mid rev range. Only got mind done as its a good mod to do and i had them off as i have just done my belts.

Is that opening up the bottom of the top inlet to match the RS lower, then matching the RS lower to the head, or is he opening the RS inlet all the way through?

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
The ph1 does not have the Rs lower inlet, so he thought it better to start with one of those as there are about 4mm bigger to start with.
Yes going to open up the lower all of the way through to match the head and then do the upper as well, he does not offer "off the shelf" inlets but i think they should be the best ones out there.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Its a good mod. I run these along with remap and decat, it all 'helps' ;)