ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Matching paints.

My car needs the roof and bonnet respraying so I went to my local body shop for a quote, I asked him if he could match it to the rest of the car and he wouldn't agree with me that my car is not pearl black, anyway he finally agreed with me and said 'yeh ok we'll take a photo', is there actually a way he can match paint by 'taking a photo' ? I'm worried he'll just do it pearl black. I would go to another body shop but I have seen his work and it's spot on.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I don't know what black was called in Spain, but on your shape/year/model clio, Pearl black was the only black you could have.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
LOL!! Well you're fcuked then.

Best you can do is leave the car with him andlet him try and match something up.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Is there nothing in the paperwork from the previous owner? A reciept or anything to say what colour it was painted?

cliosport 182
he can send a sample off (petrol flap or mirror cap) to a paint company who will be able to mix up paint to match, thats the way we do it at work, never heard of it mached via a photo, but hey i dont know everything!!

Is there nothing in the paperwork from the previous owner? A reciept or anything to say what colour it was painted?

You're lucky to get any paper work with cars here :-/ half of the car was painted (outside flol) by the garage where I bought it from but I can't get hold of him.

DCi 100
Get a touch up stick for black gold and pearl black, blob them on something and compare them to the car?