ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Matt’s Megane 265

Clio 182
So I sold my racing blue 182 to the apprentice at work. Which I pretty much got to the spec I wanted but fancied a change at spur of the moment and decided to sell the Clio.
So the original idea was to get a clio 200 cup in either red or liquid yellow. But all the ones I looked at had knackered gearboxes.

So I then decided a megane is what I wanted. So the hunt was on. Saw a couple of megane 230’s which looked nice but then got side tracked onto 250’s. Missed out on a couple of oyster grey 250’s. Until I put megane 265 into eBay on the off chance I could afford one.
I found one at the top of the page which was £9750.
The description was short with no info on the car. Just said “megane 265 needs cambelt and ball joint hence price”
So went to view it and it had quite a few options.
Leather recaro seats
19inch wheels
Cup chassis
Active xenons
Nav
Keyless entry and start
The only thing missing is rs monitor.

Car drove fine and had a full ktec exhaust on it.
So a deal was struck for £8500 and the car came back with me.
So the first thing to do was to crack on with the cambelt so all the bits were ordered from Renault parts direct. I’m a mechanic so the cambelt doesn’t bother me so got it on the ramp at work and stripped it down with Genuine timing tools.
Then gave it a full service and 2 new tyres and a new anti roll bar link and a air con regas.

Just got to get some lacquer peel done on some trim and get all 4 wheels refurbished. Then it’s onto the bottom ball joint. Here’s some pics.