ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Matt Black Clio !!

Clio Corsa2L Focus
Hello People!

Im pretty new to the french world of cars and after buying my 1st clio a few months back they aint actully that bad, sure the electrics have a total headfit every 5 minites but other than that there pretty sweet....

sooo lets get to my car its a 51 plate 1.2 16v exclsiv it came into my hands after many months spent at my mates dads garage (he buys CAT D + C cars to fix up and sale on) i seen this little red clio looking very sorry for its self rear and front bumper were buggerd, boot was dented and bent all over, drivers side rear window was smashed, wiindcreen had a juicey crack in it, there was no passenger seatbelts what so ever, no passenger wingmirror, both front wings were cracked at the bottom, drivers door was bent and dented (were somone ripped the skirts off) rear lights were mouldy and cracked, front lights were mouldy, exhaust was hanging off , interior was green, no gearnob or handbrake nob no gaiters for eather of them, no stereio, no parcelshelf or bootcarpet, no rear speakers, one wheel was bent, all had flat and bold tyres, brakes were siezed, paintwork was screwed.... the list goes on

However, being my stupid self i decided to buy it, we started it up looked at the clocks , seen they read 48k then asked my mates dad how much he wants for it he said "for you rory.. £350" so off i went to get the money then later that month i had it of my drive... being a nice bloke he replaced the drivers side rear window, boot, rear bumper, and let me have what i could get of the scrapper he had inn the yard.... so let the fun begin.

first was what to do to it, what style,coulor,mods and that... after a bit of thinking i decided the cheapest option with the paint would be to rub it down and matt black the whole thing so that was that, the new wheels were sorted off my mate, decided too keep the exhuast that was alredy on there and tidy it up so it dont look as rubbish as it did, it was already lowerd so i wont fussy on messing about with new springs... then was the dreded interior what a headache so much stuff to buy it was unbeliveable, luckly theres a few scrappys roound here always breaking clios so a lot of parts were sorced via that seatbelts, parcelshelf,boot carpet, rear lights, washerjets, and a few other things those fitted and that realized i still needed a few things but ill post that all up later, this hasnt been as long as my other projects but its probally been the one that needed the most little bits but i enjoy working on this car more than my other ones, try doing a trackday corsa b with a 2l lump inside not as easy as some people make it trust me ;) Pictures will follow soon

172 Cup
Be good to see, get some pics up :)

Quite similar to the situation im in Ive just bought a 03 172 cup Cat C for £400 (have a look in the clio project forum on here). Was the boot dented or the boot pan itself?

Matt Black is a wishy washy colour for me, its an easy solution to spraying but cannot look right on some cars - I for one have never seen a clio with it done so will be good to see :) Create a blog :D

Im not sure whether i have made a silly mistake or not buying a Cat C, hopefully i havent and it turns up trumps. If not i can always make a track car out of it

Good Luck

Clio Corsa2L Focus
just the boot itself was dented along with the rear bumper makes me laugth thats all that made it a cat D its been sitting since 2007 beacause of that

172 Cup
just the boot itself was dented along with the rear bumper makes me laugth thats all that made it a cat D its been sitting since 2007 beacause of that

Your a lucky one then lol, im stuck with a dented floor pan that i have to get re-jigged :(

Its been there since 2007 then thats pretty mad!

Clio Corsa2L Focus
lol you think im lucky mate at least you know what problem you got for the 1st month i had this car i just kept finding more and more problems, then on saturday tryed starting it and it wont having none of it, battery was fully charged all the ignition came on but it wont even attempt to turn over, managed to get it started this evening switched it off for 1 minite then it didint start again lol i love clios they just want too pee you off

Clio Corsa2L Focus
ill put some pics up for your sake, was gonna wait til later when i can put all the pics up i got of it....... but cuz im nice i will put the couple up ive got on me phone :)

Clio Corsa2L Focus
these are just a few of when it was being matt blacked the other day sorry for poor quailty they were taken on my phone... this is after rub down a bit of filler and preped
Image019.jpg
Image018.jpg

ive got some pics of it matt black but therre in the dark and the quailty is crap
Image020.jpg
dont say i dindnt warn you on the quailty

172 Cup
Fair play mate :) Will be nice to see when its finished

And LOL, i THINK i know whats wrong with mine, getting under it on Thursday lol

Not supprised it took a while to start if its been sat for a while mate. Just make sure oil is topped up and leave it to run for a while so it frees the engine up

Welcome to french car ownership they all piss you off at one point haha

Clio Corsa2L Focus
First of all guys thanks for all the comments and that :D:D
anyways the car, manged to get off early from work the other day (baby scan lol!) so i got some better pictures of the car with a PROPER camera however dont judge the paintwork on the pictures its been pretty rubbish weather here over the last week and were ive worked on the car in my work clothes in the soaking wet rain ive left i few dirty marks on it when its dry shel get a good clean though lol and although the wheels look blue there actully purple :D
Photo0005.jpg
Ignore the red side strip its black now :)
Photo0003.jpg
Photo0007.jpg
Photo0010.jpg
Photo0002.jpg
the other 2 are on the car of corse
Photo0006.jpg
check out my centre bore' lol it actully sounds blooody lurshhhhhh :D
Photo0004.jpg
now the bad bits.... cracked windscreen
Photo0011.jpg
the other side was just as bad
Photo0008.jpg
do you think itll buff out?
thats it for now guys the back bumper is all sprayed up now, the other wing is nearly done, tyres are getting orderd some time soon, door is ready to be picked up, windscreen is on stand-by, and all the other stuff is gonna be sorted some time soon i hope :)

Clio Corsa2L Focus
by the way just noticed the back end of my corsa is in the pics,, dont LOL at the lexus lights there only there because i cant be botherd to put the other ones in theve been on there since i bought the car and since ive bought it it aint moved from were it is so you know i dont want anyone thinking im some sorta chav lmao

Clio Corsa2L Focus
the matt black looks mean as f**k!!!

get it decked on some matt black turbines and its a win!​

this guy knows ;)

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I forgot you mentioned the 2l corsa when I first read this thread, after just looking at it again I sorta just knew it was a redtop lol, no idea how ha... Can't wait for this to be finished! What rear bumper do you have? Standard or sport? And I like what youve done to the exhaust.

Clio Corsa2L Focus
I forgot you mentioned the 2l corsa when I first read this thread, after just looking at it again I sorta just knew it was a redtop lol, no idea how ha... Can't wait for this to be finished! What rear bumper do you have? Standard or sport? And I like what youve done to the exhaust.

just a standard, got my eye on a sport but atm im pretty happy with what ive got , and the exhaust is mad init it was on the car when i bought it, someone must of got the mad professer in to make it!!

Clio Corsa2L Focus
is it just a standard backbox with a dodgy tip on it then? lol
no funnily enougth the back box its self is stainless, the pipe leading to the tip is made up and the tip has been made up and welded to suit when i first saw it i thought it was a billy bolt on bodge jobby until i looked closer

mk2 ph1 1.4 S
haha fair enough... got any pics of how it sits with the rear bumper?

i was actually thinking about a centre exit exhaust today funnily enough

Clio Corsa2L Focus
haha fair enough... got any pics of how it sits with the rear bumper?

i was actually thinking about a centre exit exhaust today funnily enough

nah i havent mate the rear bumper is actully sat in my garage at the mo ill probs fit it over the weekend after that ill get a picture especially for you :D

mk2 ph1 1.4 S
i was thinking a twin centre exit like the Lupo sport kinda thing but hey might just get a mate to photoshop it for the LOLz

Clio Corsa2L Focus
Pics of the corsa?
i aint gonna upload pics of my corsa on to here its aint corsasport.net lol if your interested its on migweb but dont expect too much shes getting a lot of work done this year and due to expecting my 1st kid i aint got the money for both the cars at the moment :D

Last edited:
  Clio Corsa2L Focus
neeeds a bit of help people, has anyone got a picture (or can get one) of there passenger side fuse box on the inside basiclly i need a picture of it so i can see what order the fuses go in, half of mine are blown and i think that half of them are not the right ones, this is whats causing all the electrics to have a spaz all the time any help would be soundddd :)

Why is Lusty's car been shown again. It needs to burn in hell.

edit: just checked askmid and his plate is now on a "CHEVROLET CAPTIVA" mmmmm

Clio Corsa2L Focus
dont worry sorted the fuses out worked it out by myself, the cars been turnt round now ready to get the other side matt blacked, im after a drivers door if anyone got one, dont worry about scratches, glass or anything just the door. i need this so i can matt black the other side asap anyone wanna help?

Clio Corsa2L Focus
scrap yard prob go be your best bet that or check the for sale section for people breaking cars

yeah been to a few scrappys problem is the 3 ive looked at all got damage and they aint worth what the bloke wants, i want to find one in OKish condition for like £40-£50 drive up, pick it up, swap em round and smile lol

Clio Corsa2L Focus
managed to get a door the weekend, in burnt orange for £30 cant complain lovley condition, i put my glass and inners on it and fitted it on saturday, my mate came round to help put the window motor in and other bits sunday morning all works a treat just beeds a bit of matt blackin' now will upload pics later..... on the other hand i wanna know what this car will be worth once done cuz i might end up selling it.... 2002 on a 51 plate 1.2 16v 40k new cambelt, service, tax and mot..... yokohoma prada t1rs on the front wolfrace wheels slightly tinted windows centre exit exhaust flat blade wipers, fully sprayed in matt black any ideas people????

mk2 ph1 1.4 S
probably around £1200-1400 id guess never know i coulld be miles off!

remember change the colour with the DVLA too ;)

Clio Corsa2L Focus
right a few pics for the sakes of it the old......
Photo0022.jpg
the new.....
Photo0020.jpg
the front...........
Photo0018.jpg
the back........
Photo0016.jpg
the front bumper, notice the holes ive purposly done this due to the fact i wanna do somthing different and cant be botherd too mess around trying to get another going a bit jap drift styly the bumper will be matt blacked of course and will be stiched using differnt coulor cable ties odd? i know
Photo0019.jpg
it will be sort of like this
driftbumop.jpg
its like marmite, love it or hate it!