ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Max Payne 3

AK

M240i
Tempted to get this today. Hmm.

d5cde85e-2425-42e7.jpg

Bus w**ker
As if you don't save contacts. f**k that I'd never know who I was texting asking for bewbs.

FN2 Type R GT
So far its been pretty good, storyline is a bit strange, too much video and story telling and not enough shooting, shooting etc are all much like GTA and graphics are decent, haven't tried the multiplayer yet.

Clio 1.2 16V
Been on it a few hours today, graphics are really nice especially all the lighting and stuff very good looking game. Enjoying the story quite a bit definitely feels like a Max Payne game. Gameplay is pretty good too it does feel a bit like GTA, but bullet time is still as fun, lots of little things like slowing down the kill cam for the last enemy so you can see the bullets hit them never gets old lol!. Definitely worth a play if anyone on the fence about getting it. Played a few minutes of online play and was better than I expected.

One small gripe about it so far though and its been picked up by others too is the cut scenes!! Do a few seconds of shooting and straight to a cut scene I can see why they've done it, just gets effing annoying!

1.2 16v
Got this game Friday after work & played it when i could over the weekend.

IMO this game is amazing, story line is great. Cut scenes are abit long but it basically gets in depth on the game. Graphics are great i must say if the new GTA is anything along the lines of this graphics wise its gonna be top. On the second disc atm and im hooked on the story line!

Multiplayer is pretty decent aswell. Gave this a good go last night with a mate. Crews are good with the occasional battle with rival crews just abit lame how you cant start your own crew and can only be the ones that Rockstar have produced. if i could describe the online, it sounds wierd but i think its a cross between COD & GTA, yeah i no sounds stupid but it really does and tbh it works!

overall i would rate this game 9/10
a must buy

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Bought this on Saturday but I only had a chance to start it yesterday. It's amazing though... way better than I thought. I've not idea why I thought it wouldn't be good.

As soon as I saw Sam & Dan Houser's names in the opening credits I knew it was going to be decent.

The opening scenes are awesome and it's getting better. Definitely recommended. I'm about two hours in.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Got this on Saturday and I'm just on the sniper section in the sports arena. Really enjoying it. Started it on Hard with Free Aim like a boss. I've been killed quite a few times. Ahem.

Also love how long some of the cutscenes are and that you can't skip them. That's fantastic.

/Sarcasm.

Evo 5 RS
It's all about the story, br0

Not played this yet, mind, but the Noir comic strip from the first two games is a much better idea. Least you could skip/read that at your own leisure

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I'm into chapter six now. Loving it.

A small gripe though; when you dive into bullet time and glance any wall/piece of furniture it kicks you out of bullet time.

Really annoying when you're down on health and he takes roughly 45 minutes to recover to his dopey, alcoholic feet.

Great game though, overall!

AK

M240i
I'm into chapter six now. Loving it.

A small gripe though; when you dive into bullet time and glance any wall/piece of furniture it kicks you out of bullet time.

Really annoying when you're down on health and he takes roughly 45 minutes to recover to his dopey, alcoholic feet.

Great game though, overall!

FLOL! Yeah that is a bit of a pain.

Just completed the level where your on a yacht.

The story is good, but, I'm finding it's starting to get a tad repetitive.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I'm trying to complete the Achievements while progressing through the levels and collect every painkiller to help with Arcade Mode. Out The Window was the first (Get 6 kills in Free Aim while diving through the VIP window) which I had to try several times because I wasn't used to Bullet Time and did The One Eyed Man Is King last night (Cover Passos in the sports arena, killing the 13 guys who come to shoot him with the sniper rifle taking 13 shots only). That one was a b*stard, but shouldn't have been.

I'm currently on Chapter IV when you exit from Max's apartment and have to get down the corridor with the green sniper lasers breathing through the windows. The Achievement for this one is clear them all. I tried it a couple of times this morning before work and failed miserably. Even hiding next to the window can get you shot. Will be a difficult one that one I reckon.

Loving this. Some people hate the visual effects and constant cut scenes - I don't. Only thing I don't like is how linear it feels. But meh.

One thing I've realised though; I've hardly ever used bullet time other than when I'm forced to.

Its like Alan Wake meets the original Max Payne with a bit of (the few good bits of) Kane & Lynch 2 thrown in.

Not a 320d
How does it feel to play then?

Loved the last two. I just hope it doesnt feel like it belongs on a console when I buy it for the PC.

bit like MOH did. Shity graphics on the PC as it had to cater for console users and it didnt "feel" right with a mouse and keyboard.

Does anyone think it will be s**t on the PC? I may buy it for PS3.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
If you liked the last two, you'll love this one. It's definitely a Houser game though... you can really tell sometimes. It could be GTAV in some sections.

Awesome storyline though, I'm loving it.

Evo 5 RS
Not the first person I've seen say that, you can tell just by watching the multiplayer TBH. It definitely doesn't look Noir anymore though, they've just made a good action game.

Won't unlock on Steam for a couple of days yet...

Dicks

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
On Chapter 6 now.

Got all the Achievements, clues, golden guns and painkillers thus far.

Excellent.

A gorgeous as they were, f**k me was I glad to get out of the favelas.

One thing, don't know whether it's just me: but is Max Payne a bit psychotic? Constantly shooting round after round into dead bodies when in bullet time. Thoroughly nice bloke.