ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Max Payne 3

Evo 5 RS
Spoilers congrats

I can appreciate what you're saying and we all know the Xbox is flagging these days but I honestly didn't notice. Brazil seemed very much alive and even in the night club I can't say I felt it was lacking anything at all. Just think youre being a bit too much on the PC brigade on this one, wrongfully

Last edited by a moderator:
  SG9 Forester STi
I'm not looking back in case of spoilers. Have only been playing it a while as I've been busy but just got into the 'ghetto'. I'm enjoying it so far, it took me a while to get used to the 'Lynch' (Kane & Lynch) style staggering in cut scenes at first but so far I'm really enjoying the game.

As previously said Max is the same old dry character that he's been in the other games so they've done well there. Positive for me so far :).

It does feel like I'm nearing the end of the story though, is this like early PS3 games - quite short? Or should I just shutup and just enjoy it lol?

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I'm not looking back in case of spoilers. Have only been playing it a while as I've been busy but just got into the 'ghetto'. I'm enjoying it so far, it took me a while to get used to the 'Lynch' (Kane & Lynch) style staggering in cut scenes at first but so far I'm really enjoying the game.

As previously said Max is the same old dry character that he's been in the other games so they've done well there. Positive for me so far :).

It does feel like I'm nearing the end of the story though, is this like early PS3 games - quite short? Or should I just shutup and just enjoy it lol?

3 Acts and 14 chapters and around 12 hours of game time. However, if you're going for all the golden guns, clues and Achievements/Trophies like I am, that will be a lot more. I'm also playing on hard difficulty with free aim. I'm on Chapter 13 I think. End of 12 was quite hard.

Evo 5 RS
12 hours? It's not short short, but I completed it in 8hours 45. I was surprised at at that though. Felt like longer.

Not disappointed in the slightest though, it's got practically every kind of location you'd want from a virtual Die Hard spin off. Basically everything they could possibly fit on a disc..or two lol

172 Cup
I completed the SP yesterday and really enjoyed this game. Fantastic gameplay and a really interesting storyline.

I've now started playing multiplayer which is also very enjoyable.

Only just completed the single player, loved it.

The loading times are a right pain in the ass when it comes to going back over missed achievements though...

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
On Chapter XIV now. Or 14 for the normal folk.

The police station chapter was a right c*nt. Missed 2 clues as well on that, the first I've missed in the whole game.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I'm on the police chapter, the game is definitely much better on the PC with the Xbox pad.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Just completed it, the soundtrack is good, its just a shame it doesn't really come into it until near the very end. It's definitely a game the progresses well as you go through it, the last levels are the best.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
The last standoff is tough in the airport hanger. Especially on hard. Christ. Finished it now, great game.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Just finished it again today but on hardcore. Damn tough!

I'm not going through it again, TBH. I'm going to try and get 2 more achievements, including "All Grinds" and thats my lot. Not even going to try New York Minute.

Still not finished this, the airport is pissing me off.

Just stumbled upon this load of whingey, blabbering crap

Last edited by a moderator:
  Yaris Hybrid
Actually Totalbiscuit really knows his stuff so I wouldn't dismiss his opinions. I used to dislike him until I took the time to remove the fanboy goggles and actually listen. He doesn't just whine for the sake of it, he actually goes into great detail in explaining the reasoning behind his criticism. TB and Angry Joe are the best if you want some accurate opinions and not the BS you get on IGN and web forums.

Many people found the cut scenes to be intrusive at the start although it did improve later on. I also agree that many cut scenes could have been done in the same way as HL2 instead of taking all control out of your hands. It really damaged the flow of the game like being in stop-start traffic. MP1&2 flowed better as did Alan Wake. In fairness to Rockstar stuff like GTA and RDR got the balance right too.

I don't neccessary agree with his preference for the Noire feel of the originals. MP3 was a departure but not neccessarily for the worse as I came to like its style equally.

TB also didn't even touch on other dated stuff like the 28 days later/ghost town/super human evacuation procedures that I complained about so he could have panned it further if he wanted.

Fan boys will never see the flaws though! They can't distinguish between someone making valid criticism of certain aspects of the game and someone totally slating the entire game!

1eight2
Just got this today, traded for sleeping dogs. I'm trying to read above posts incase I read any spoilers! Anybody play online?

Got this 1 month ago....

meh... tbh

I like 1&2 but I find I'm not geting into the game really :(

I'm at the end(I think?) of the stadium mission now.

I'll keep playing anyway.

I paid for it...I'm playing it!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
On Chapter 12 at the minute (I think?) and I can honestly say that I don't think I can recall a game in resent years that has been so enjoyable, yet so damn infuriating at the same time. I really don't like 3rd person at the best of times, and MP3 doesn't shake that belief of mine in anyway. Accuracy with the mouse is wonderful - especially in bullet-time mode, but some of the set pieces are just annoying to get past. The worst so far for me was the sniper in the mausoleum tower. The fact that you couldn't leave the sniper until the end - or else the game 'warped' you into a set place where he took your head off. Leave one goon running around the graveyard and then take the sniper out. Mop up the last guy and then continue. It must have took me around 25 attempts at that and how I didn't rage-quit, I've no idea.

Love the attention to detail though. Like coming across the mad surgeon with my pistol, having just fired it's last round. The entire cut-scene carried on with Max pointing the pistol at him, with the slider fully back. Obviously mad surgeons aren't too clued up as to when a handgun is out of ammo! ;)

D.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
lol I noticed that.

Bit late now, but I much preferred this with the controller mate.

Really? Wow - I couldn't hit the side of a barn with a controller - not a chance. I can 'just' about get used a controller with the Batman games - but other than that, I just cannot get the controller to aim accurately enough. I guess I'd get better with practice, but it's too much of a hurdle to get past. I simply haven't got the patience to relearn how to do something that I can perfectly handle with something else - lol.

Did the airport terminal this morning on first play-through, but the aircraft hangar is proving a little more difficult. What does piss me off (and admittedly it's quite rare) is headshotting a target, who then hits the floor and gets back up. A few times it's done the slow-mo-end-of-scene-kill and the guy I've just shot already has a bullet wound through the chin, head and even an eye. Frustrating when you've got half-a-dozen targets coming at you and you KNOW that you've headshotted that gimp in the distance, but now have to waste valuable time and ammo to finish him off 'again'. :)

D.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Just finished it now - 14 hours in total. Only got 30% of the achievements, but I'm not a completionist wh0re.

I think I only got all the parts for three golden guns too - but it was a very enjoyable game overall. Certainly worth the £7.49 I paid on Steam - approx 50p per hour fun. :)

D.

Clio 172, Pug 106
I have recently completed this aswell.... Not often that i start a game and cant put it downn..

Fantastic gameplay and a great storyline!

Yaris Hybrid
Looking back at the past year I'd have to agree that it was probably the best game I played or joint best with Alan Wake.

One of only a few that not only could I be arsed to finish, but that I actually drove forward wanting to see more.

I still haven't changed my mind about the flaws I listed before - such as the empty world and missed opportunities to have civvies in the line of fire (like in the nightclub) as opposed to the amazing Airport evacuation procedures that left us with a disappointing ghost town.

Actually thinking about it I will give Alan Wake the win by a whisker due to a few of the flaws with MP3. Arkham City would have won but although I bought it this year it was from 2011 (even on PC) so doesn't count.

I also used a pad btw, wouldn't have it any other way for third person games. Prefer rumble over the accuracy.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Looking back at the past year I'd have to agree that it was probably the best game I played or joint best with Alan Wake.

One of only a few that not only could I be arsed to finish, but that I actually drove forward wanting to see more.

I still haven't changed my mind about the flaws I listed before - such as the empty world and missed opportunities to have civvies in the line of fire (like in the nightclub) as opposed to the amazing Airport evacuation procedures that left us with a disappointing ghost town.

Actually thinking about it I will give Alan Wake the win by a whisker due to a few of the flaws with MP3. Arkham City would have won but although I bought it this year it was from 2011 (even on PC) so doesn't count.

I also used a pad btw, wouldn't have it any other way for third person games. Prefer rumble over the accuracy.

Really? That drives me insane! I always add feedback to the likes of the G25, but with a pad, it's just downright annoying for me and gets switched off in every game. Horses for courses and all that.

I got both Alan Wake and the American Nightmare in the last sale, but not tried either yet. I think based on your recommendation, those will be my next games to try.

D.