ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

max wheel offset

Clio extreme
Hey all I know the best offset is between et35-40 but could I get away with an et49 offset (vauxhall). Thanx in advance.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
how high is your car??
how wide are the wheels??

are you refering to MOT basis??
or looking silly basis??

49 offset is going to put the wheels right inside the arch?
why in gods name would you do that??

you may have to remove the weatherguards,
but 9mm's in isnt going to do too much harm. lol

Clio extreme
how high is your car??
how wide are the wheels??

are you refering to MOT basis??
or looking silly basis??

49 offset is going to put the wheels right inside the arch?
why in gods name would you do that??

you may have to remove the weatherguards,
but 9mm's in isnt going to do too much harm. lol

lol..My car will be lowered by 40mm. The rims i have my eye on are off a corsa, painted white, 16" with 195 45 16 tyres. A set of 5 mint rims for good money. not sure on the width of the rims so ill keep looking then lol

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Standard 172 ph2 wheels are et48 IIRC so I'd imagine et49 shouldn't be a problem at all.

Don't forget spigot rings to get the right bore size for the clio too.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
You mean min offset as the higher the offset the closer the wheel set's in the arch.

Dodgy one
I've got et37 on my FF 182 down as low as my H&Rs will allow with no catching, Personally i reckon you'l need spacers, I'm fairly sure my wheels were close to my shocks on standard wheels talking 10mm off!! and they were an ET 43 i believe

More poke than viagr
Make sure they are the right bore size, Vauxhall center bore is 3mm smaller than Renault so you may need to bore them out......absolute ballache believe me!!!