ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Maxogen help

182 cup pack
Guys I've installed the Itg Maxogen kit in my 182 and it seems that I have a small problem so any help would be welcomed...

At first let me show you two pics of the whole install:

We didnt have any problems except from this:

I believe that in the fitting instruction page that thing is called --> plated "teardrop" blanking plate..(but I cant put my hand on fire since I'm not 100% sure)

We couldn't find where should we put it!!Can you please help me ?Where should that thing be ?

The second problem is a very noticable resonance from ~ 3800 rpm to ~ 4500 rpm..Is this natural?Has anyone-with this kit-noticed anything similar ?The sound is very very powerfull and I'm afraid that the plated teardrop blanking plate might has to do with it...

ps:The car looks like is breathing better now,and as soon as I solve those two problems I'll visit the dyno for reprogramming and final results...The consumption looks slightly increased also....

Thank you on behalf guys for the help....
Sorry for my terrible English but I'm doing my best..... :D

Audi A6 (S3 on order)
It blocks a hole between the bay and the area behind the headlamp.

And yes, they get noisy at about that rpm range, its great.

182 cup pack
Thanks for the reply...
The noise is disturbing at that rpm(from ~3800 till ~4500) and it doesn't make sence...I mean that at all the other rpms the noise is perfect...

Do you think that the noise will fall a litlle bit when we put the "teardrop" blanking plate or not ?I mean that since it blocks a hole between the bay and the area behind the headlamp,maybe it will change the flow of the air somehow-->less noise..

VaVa
The teardrop will make no difference to the sound.

The resonance happens on all 172's/182's I've been in, and is made more noticeable by an induction kit. I think it may be a trait of the engine/cams as my exhaust amplifies the resonance in a similar manner.

I have a pic of where the blanking plate goes somewhere - I'll see if I've still got it. It covers the hole left from removing the OE air feed from behind the headlamp, to prevent hoe air from the engine bay entering the area where the air is inducted.

My blanking plate didn't fit where it was supposed to - The hole you put the pin through to attatch it was partly obscured on mine, although I've not heard of anyone else having the same problem. Mines held in with no nails. lol.

EDIT; found pic

P1010250copy.gif

Last edited:
  VaVa
Oh and apologies to ross for having a sticker on mine. I know he doesn't like it. But I don't want to take it of for fear of leaviong a nasty mark.

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Is it me or does the top pic look as if the kit isn't straight? When i compare them to lagerlouts,its different?
Looks a mean piece of kit anyway. Kind a pointless comment here but what the heck.;)

Audi A6 (S3 on order)
lol

lagerlout1 said:
Oh and apologies to ross for having a sticker on mine. I know he doesn't like it. But I don't want to take it of for fear of leaviong a nasty mark.

182 cup pack
Dubai182 said:
Is it me or does the top pic look as if the kit isn't straight? When i compare them to lagerlouts,its different?

hmmm.gif

It does seem that it isn't straight compared to the other pic but it maybe is because of the angle of the photo..

I'll continue to search this matter cause the sound is really much and is entering the passengers cabin(again I'm saying that it happens only in the range between 3800 to 4500 rpm)

Anyone else with a Maxogen that has noticed something similar ? It would be really helpfull for me cause I think that the sound I'm talking about is not normal..

Maybe if I can somehow put a tube in the end of the Maxogen the sound will be lowered(even if I loose power) ?