ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

May have to sell the RB182 :(

2004 Racing Blue 182
Nice mate.

How’s the rust situation? Do like these and as you say a great allrounder.

There is some on the O/S/F arch, something that was part of the negotiations, it’s not come through the paint yet, but is bubbling.

As most GTIs, there are plenty of stone chips on the front of the car, but this was at the lower end of the Edition 30 market, average mileage, full history, couple things on the exterior like the bubbling and stone chips, couple chips in the windscreen, but mechanically, it’s sound as a pound, inside is spot on too, lovely place to be.

Got back from Wales a couple weeks ago, a journey that was supposed to be for the 182, but there you go!

Anyway, be rude not to post a photo of the GTI being outshone by a couple of blue cars.

6bac787c5b4b1f998558a56b76075789.jpg
b30f1cf03163d99f78128da9a1edffc0.jpg
1fde2283840ffb1b596979cef9030dbf.jpg
491c35e61ea8c15289931d24b11ace52.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2004 Racing Blue 182
Id be inclined to take yours from that bunch

The RS didn’t have working aircon and it was 25°+ so no way did I want to be in that, and the Clio just gets hot due to the engine anyway, so I was the most comfortable by a mile [emoji23] especially getting to Wales!

Land Rover
I love VW they are great cars, we just got the Up GTi.
I was looking at the Golf MK5 when l bought the Clio but couldn’t find a good one for the money l had.

2004 Racing Blue 182
I love VW they are great cars, we just got the Up GTi.
I was looking at the Golf MK5 when l bought the Clio but couldn’t find a good one for the money l had.

Yeah man, they are cracking alrounders. Not amazing at any one thing, but great at everything!

How’s the RB? Treating you well I hope.

Land Rover
It’s great l’ve done a lot of work on it, much better since the cam belt and clutch were replaced
The cam timing was off which was causing the kangarooing in traffic.
The cam belt was still fine so must have been assembled wrong when it was last changed.
It’s so much smoother now and of course the clutch is a lot lighter.
The aircon needed a new condenser so now l have fully operational climate control.
And the gearbox was rebuilt.
I didn’t like the BMS shifter so bought a brand new Renault OE shifter and also replaced the bushes in the linkage and l have to say it is very nice now, less than 1cm of play at the gear knob when in gear, and really positive (more so since the gearbox was done)
The geometry was rechecked.
The wheels got more attention to remove a few small rim dents and the underside has been waxoyled.
I fitted a new driver’s seat base foam (£100) because l thought it had sagged, before realising that the seat was height adjustable!
I fixed the squeaky wiper mechanism and had my dent man remove any small dents, and l also put a new carpet in it as there was a bit of wear to the driver’s heel area.
I replaced the scuttle panels as they didn’t sit flat at the ends and also replaced various other plastic parts.
So l have been busy.

Last edited: