ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Maybe i do pay cheap insurance after all!

2004 Racing Blue 182

Just been on the blower to HIC, and the guy said there was no point in running through a quote for me as he wouldnt be able to beat it even with club discount!!!

im 22, with a 93 16v, 6 pts, 3 claims (only 1 my fault), 1yrs no claims, pr25 post code!!just under £1400 with liverpool victoria!

anyone think they can beat that, cause i sure would love to, it would mean not having to sell the valver cause my insurance is taking too much of my wages!

-->BV

i found liverpool victoria the cheapest by far.

your lack of no claims and addons to your license make the £1400 figure seem reasonable to me

Yeah mate check out elephant.co.uk Im only 20..I got 6 points aswel heald my licence for 2 year (since i had my licence taken away for gettin 6 points in 1st 2 years of driving) 2 years NCB & claimed a few year ago & my insurance woz only £850 fully comp this year:)

Oh yeah if u put one of your folks down as a additional driver its lowers the premium by a few hundred quid....dunno y just does!

Corsa 2.0 16v baby

£320 ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha clio 16v

£230 ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha r5gtt, modded ha ha

herts insurance. i pay half what u pay on both my cars :D

oh my god!! Im paying 760 on my 172 an im 22 my better half helps she makes it plenty cheaper!!!

Im wit Direct line was well surprised when they beat elephant!

Hope you find something better mate thats just silly!

Try CIS - Co-op, me an all my m8s are with em, rang virtually every other insurence company and they beat them be several hundred quid.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

direct line just gave me a quote of £450.Elephant quoted me £680 so i wasnt to happy with the later.If i let you into a little secret promise you wont tell.

Start up some roadside cover with direct line

Start up some house insurance with direct line

Start up some boiler insurance with direct line

Each of these gets you 10% discount exept the boiler one,so when i got my quote it was reduced by 25%,I took the insurance and have since cancelled the extra covers.In total i had to stump up £25 as deposits but i saved over £150 on my original quote,and it was also cheaper than elephant.

Many festive regards,ian

TDI tyre shreader

Quote: Originally posted by J13EOB on 16 December 2003

oh my god!! Im paying 760 on my 172 an im 22 my better half helps she makes it plenty cheaper!!!

£760 on a 172 at 22?????? Im 21 have 3yrs no claims, no accidents, no points and they gave me quote of over 3K. i realy hate insurance

Quote: Originally posted by Jones on 17 December 2003

£760 on a 172 at 22?????? Im 21 have 3yrs no claims, no accidents, no points and they gave me quote of over 3K. i realy hate insurance

But is it FC though? If it is, whats your postcode? Mines only £600, 4yrs ncd, no points or claims.

TDI tyre shreader

Cant remember if it was fully comp i would have thought so as its an expensive car, my post code is bl2 5ht, think i need to move house!!! how old are u flip?

Quote: Originally posted by Flipper on 17 December 2003

Quote: Originally posted by Jones on 17 December 2003

But is it FC though? If it is, whats your postcode? Mines only £600, 4yrs ncd, no points or claims.
yup fully comp u cant insure a car valued at that much 3rd party i dont think!

Any way im up in scotland 30miles in nowhere from edinburgh. I bought my williams when i was 20 and that was only a little more than the 172. You need to move house mate mees thinks!!

S4 (320bhp) + Clio 16v

im 18 with a valver. No points but mad 2 claims when my car got broken into twice last year. both times lost about 800 of stuff! i only pay 1200 full comp on my bros policy and using 1 of his 1 years no claims. thought that was cheap seeing as i payed 1500 on my 1.1 punto TPFT last year. So expensive