ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MBP 8gb RAM Upgrade

Will you need it?

If you're processing large files in Photoshop or Final Cut then yeh, but for 'normal' use I doubt you'll need it.

I'm not sure how you find out how much RAM is currently being used in OS X.

SchwepTek™
Im just hoping to increase Aperture performance which is shockingly slow... lol.

I do have 26000 photos in there but still!

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I put the Crucial 8GB memory in my i5 and can't say I've noticed a difference really. It'll be your HDD that's the bottleneck (mine grinds sometimes and it's definitely the HDD, need either a fast platter drive or SSD)

Rav4
Depends on what you are doing.

If you are using photoshop and other intensive applications, or virtualising windows on parallels/vmware then yes, of course, if you ware just using your mac for the internet / general documents and itunes, then no.

To make the MBP feel snappier and quicker at loading applications, get an SSD drive.

I would get both.

A red missile
Not having the same crap memory management as windows means adding RAM has less of an effect for general stuff, as Gabi says, an SSD will make a much MUCH bigger difference.