ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MBP Can't see any networked computers

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
This has been ongoing for the last month or so.

It has been a bit intermittent but is now permanent.

I can't see any of my windows computers, my imac pops up in finder occasionally but I can't connect, it just times out then disappears, my xbox can't see the mbp via connect360 either. If I try to connect to my imac by using Go>Connect to server I get the following error - There was a problem connecting to the server "computer name"

The imac can see all the computers except the MBP, my xbox can see the imac, as can aceplayer on the ipad.

So I presume it is a problem with the MBP, I had little snitch enabled but have since disabled this and still have the problem.

Any help/suggestions?

Pretty pissed off with it now.

Forgot to add, it is an early 2011 mbp running lion.

Last edited:

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
my macbook pro has been doing the same since i got lion when it was released as i used to share files over the network and now other computers cant see mine

I would blame lion, as I like to blame lion for all of my issues as I really don't like it but am too lazy to roll back. But, my iMac was running SL and is now running Lion and is fine like I say, must be a different issue.

Go cry to your momma!
I had the same too, spent a few months trying to resolve it.
In the end, I got rid of my netgear DG834GT and replaced it with a billion 7800n, everything is peachy now. So for me, it was some kind of router issue.

It worked perfectly before Lion though...

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I had the same too, spent a few months trying to resolve it.
In the end, I got rid of my netgear DG834GT and replaced it with a billion 7800n, everything is peachy now. So for me, it was some kind of router issue.

It worked perfectly before Lion though...

I've had a few wireless network issues recently, so it is looking that way now.

It's just so intermittent, my xbox/iPad/iPhone work perfect on wifi. My toughbook laptop, blackberry playbook and MBP have issues. I've also recently had a wireless printer attached that had issues, swapped it for an ethernet one and it works perfect.

I'm using a HH 3 which I do quite like, might try an airport base station instead.

Tesla MP3 2021
Just check that under "sharing" > "file sharing" > "options" the option for SMB is turned on.