ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MBP Coconut Battery-off

Just wondering how your batteries are holding out?

I still get impressive performance from mine. Easily 5+ hours depending on load. I have noticed a slight drop since moving to Lion, but not enough to complain about.

CB reports that after 2 years and 240 cycles, my battery still has 94% capacity. Pretty impressive IMO.

I keep mine mostly on AC power, with the odd session on battery. However, I do 'calibrate' it monthly by doing a full drain (with the help of Caffeine) and then fully charging again. It obviously works for me.

Love my MBP. Still unmarked and performs flawlessly. The only sign of age is shiny keys.

Love you Steve. R.I.P.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Screen shot 2011-09-19 at 12.59.26.png

2nd battery

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Mines a bit disappointing.

screen-capture-2-6.png

My old 2007 MB was always above 100% capacity, even up to the day I sold it.

Mine defo performs best with a mixture of battery and AC. I rarely let it get very low (<20%). Once a month or so I do the full drain and recharge.

My mate's was on 80% when I told him about my methods, and his then rose to 90+ using the same technique.

200 Gordini
@ Jenic and Alexiooo - How did you take your screen shot like that?

Picture2.png

Due a MacBook upgrade soon.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
You cant expect it to keep 100%, if its on 95% after 100 cycles thats still pretty good for a battery (especially one that most people abuse).

It could still be on 95% in another 100 cycles, and it does go up and down a bit depending on how you use the laptop, and how often you calibrate it.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Capacity is at 94% after 8 months and 144 cycles, it is used on battery most of the time.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Having looked at everyone elses results, my battery is definitely shite.

I'll be booking a genius appointment for this and for the wifi issue I'm having at current.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Is this acceptable for a 1 day old MBP?

View attachment 65113

It wont fully charge to 100%, it stops at 98%

Its been sat in a cold warehouse/ship/stockroom for the last few months! Keep charging and discharging, and it will charge to max and probably increase in capacity.

This app is not a good thing tbh, makes people paranoid...