ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MBP Coconut Battery-off

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Mine's still 101% after 67 cycles.

Most of the time it's on my desk running off mains though.

It's a late 2010 i5... but according to Coconut, it's 134 months old. 11 Years. LOL.

LY 182
Curious as to how people think it's best to use the battery. I tend to charge to 100%, unplug then use it for whatever and then plug back in when around 5-10% left. Will still be using while charging most of the time.

Can't be doing anything much wrong I guess, as this is mine:

76tcN.png

Don't constantly drain the battery. That will do it no good at all. Mine spends 95% of the time plugged in. I work it maybe twice a week by using it unplugged for a couple of hours. Once a month I drain it down 'til the MBP switches itself off, then fully charge it again.

LY 182
Don't constantly drain the battery. That will do it no good at all. Mine spends 95% of the time plugged in. I work it maybe twice a week by using it unplugged for a couple of hours. Once a month I drain it down 'til the MBP switches itself off, then fully charge it again.

I've always had the notion with most things just to charge fully, use down to low, rinse repeat.

So it's better for me to keep the MBP charger in even when it's 100%? How's that work? (Not questioning it's effectiveness, just curious).

The batteries these days are 'intelligent'. They have firmware and everything. Leaving them plugged in doesn't do them any harm. They're pretty amazing batteries anyway and seem quite hardy no matter how they're treated. Although I do know a mate of mine saw his capacity slowly increase after adopting my method.

LY 182
The batteries these days are 'intelligent'. They have firmware and everything. Leaving them plugged in doesn't do them any harm. They're pretty amazing batteries anyway and seem quite hardy no matter how they're treated. Although I do know a mate of mine saw his capacity slowly increase after adopting my method.

My method can't be too bad on 94% but I can try keeping it plugged in more often and see if it improves I guess!

What's more impressive to me is that I've had my MBP for 30 months and it still looks utterly brand new besides shiny keys (they get bashed). It even gets used in industrial environments. Build quality FTW.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
14 Months
243 cycles
96%

Not doing too bad, how many cycles should a battery last?