ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MBP Update - Inertial Scrolling

Awesome. Now there's even less reason to use the horrid Magic Mouse. Not that I have one, but I have used one and hated it.

The MBP is now perfect :cool:

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I've just watched all the wee videos about what the trackpad can do. I've decided I don't need the mouse. I was using a windows mouse as a temp as well. That's been ditched.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I realise the error of my ways now. I really should find out how to use all the features fully.

LOL been using mine all evening on battery, with iTunes constantly playing, and the battery has 5 hours left. Stupid machines :approve:

My MBP pad looks brand new and still feels like a virgins arse after more than a year. All my other laptops over the years have gone all glossy within months. PMSL at scroll wheels. Just why?

I'm not sure. I did wonder. I have just updated this evening, and one of the updates was inertial scrolling. It's now different to how it was, so thought I would post. The scrolling is different after my update.

EDIT: BTW I've been out of the country for months, without my MBP, so yes it could be older than Jesus :eek:

Pretty sure my MacBook pro has had this since day 1...

Really? Genuine question. Mine always stopped scrolling when you removed your fingers. Now it continues to move when you let go. Much like the iPhone. I'm sure this is new to my machine, and I've had it over a year. I'm happy to be wrong.

A bit of digging suggests that this update was released around July 2010, which makes it perfectly reasonable that everyone else has had it for ages.

^^None of that has changed. Only the inertial scrolling is new for me, and it started happening after an update this evening :)

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
yeah the scrolling changed for me only a few weeks ago.

thought i was going a wee bit mad as it just felt different my thought was the same, ie: like the iphone...

Mk2 Golf GTI
Track pad is epic. I'm never gonna buy a mouse for mine. If i get anything it'll be the standalone track pad.

I also love the hot corners feature and the four finger swipes for desktop and expose.

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
Really? Genuine question. Mine always stopped scrolling when you removed your fingers. Now it continues to move when you let go. Much like the iPhone. I'm sure this is new to my machine, and I've had it over a year. I'm happy to be wrong.

yeah. mine is a 2010 model though. had it since April and came as standard. Still awesome none the less

MKV R32
Pretty sure my MacBook pro has had this since day 1...

nah. it was updated about a month ago or so. Pretty sure it came with the new external trackpad update. Either that or when i downloaded magicpad update it turned it on?

much prefer the old way. But can see how it appeals to others. Very similar to scrolling on iphone. One drag and it flows to bottom.

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
I love my magic mouse. Not so great for design work, but for browsing the net its awesome!