ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mc Gard are *!@& (locking wheel nuts)

Monaco Blue 172
got a set of these on my car... and some prat managed to round off the locker at the garage..

ordered a replacement 2, thought ile take my locking nuts off before i get my tyres replaced, as soon as i went to undo, slipped off and chewed up the thread, tryed the second one same thing happened

managed to get the local tyre people to get them off with some fine forcement :) but i wont be putting them back on my car....

Seat Ibiza
Oh god, I always thought they were the best. I won't be buying any of these then. They're not cheap either are they?
Will you be sending them back for a claim?

Abarth 500 Esseesse
I had the same issue with McGard stuff! The keys are actually made from chocolate iirc.

Believe it or not though, their customer service is really good.

Seat Ibiza
I had the same issue with McGard stuff! The keys are actually made from chocolate iirc.

Just a shame about the product IIRC. Its not what you want at the best of times, but on the motorway with a blowout or on the side of the road anywhere.

Utter s**t.

Luckily I got a mate to get me a free replacement key from his work ;). Took an impact gun and someone sitting on the floor with their back to me pushing against my back to get enough force to stop it jumping off the locking nut.

Stuiemc

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi RS3, Clio 172
Have you been proberly tighten them up? From what av been told you should never do that for them reasons youve just described.

clio mk1 RSI
have to make sure you coppergrease them and that they are torqued up proerly most of the time its caused by over tightning, I get load of people coming with broken ones trying to get them out , not just mcgaurd. I personally use them and never have probs.

Monaco Blue 172

there customer service is really good tbh.... also with them being based in germany... but i wouldnt be putting them back on my car.