ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

McGard bolts

hi all

jus wonderin if anyone knows the part code for the high security version of the locking wheel bolts. ive got a clio trophy

also is there anywhere online to buy from you could recommend?

Many Thanks

BMW 120i Sport

Dont have the part number, but I got mine from Halfrauds for about £35.

Took about two days to get there as they had to order them.

Skoda Fabia vRS

for some reason ive got 27179 in my head, i work at Motor World and thats a very common one we sell, as i havent got the guide with me though i havent got a clue if its right

most Motor World shops you go to have the application guide and most in stock, the ones with the extra collar need to be ordered in but sometimes are the same price as the normal ones

Silver 182 F/F

Ive just had my wheels nicked off my 182,the Reno locking wheel nuts look the same design type has the McGard and they just used gator grips to get them off without any damage to the nuts they look like the keys been used,so is it worth getting them?

maybe use a set of mc gards & a set of another make as well ?
(have two different locking nuts per wheel)

Mégane RS

lol, i was considering having 4 different makes of locking wheel nuts on each wheel, can you imagine the looks on the peoples faces who were thinking of knicking them lol, or the guys at renault for a service etc

Quote: Originally posted by BRUCE182 on 06 September 2005

Ive just had my wheels nicked off my 182,the Reno locking wheel nuts look the same design type has the McGard and they just used gator grips to get them off without any damage to the nuts they look like the keys been used,so is it worth getting them?
How do you know they used Gator grips if theres no damage? I wouldnt be surprised if a few of these arseholes had keys to the reno ones.

Silver 182 F/F

Yes my 182 have spinning collars too,the wires fit inside the cut out shape for the key locking the gator grips in place and hey presto! The police showed me how it was done.

Quote: Originally posted by BRUCE182 on 07 September 2005

Yes my 182 have spinning collars too,the wires fit inside the cut out shape for the key locking the gator grips in place and hey presto! The police showed me how it was done.
Can this also be done to the McGard ones?

Silver 182 F/F

Well all i can say is looking at the McGard web site they look identical design to Reno ones but probably better materials,so if they can take the Reno ones off easily i guess they could take the McGard ones of the same.Im only going by what the police said.

Silver 182 F/F

Just got my car back today,and the Reno locking nuts they have used this time are different from the last ones.