ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

McLaren 12C Spider announced.

330i. E30 Touring.
Looks bloody brilliant IMO. Only 40kgs heavier than the Coupe, too!

mclaren-mp4-12c-spider-21.jpg

mclaren-mp4-12c-spider-3.jpg

McLaren-MP4-12C-Spider.jpg

mclaren_12c_spider_00.34b41pgbor6sskkwggcoc4wcs.a5fuq7lrqzkgc0ccw4ss08gso.th.jpeg

Thoughts?

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Fit.

It actually looks better than the coupe IMO, something the Ferrari doesn't.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Introducing the latest model in McLaren's ground-breaking range of high performance cars - the 12C Spider.

I'm pleased and proud to unveil our innovative new 12C Spider. This car challenges the laws of aerodynamics and defies the disadvantages of its roofless counterparts. As far as convertibles go, it's in a class of its own.

With the 12C Spider, every part tells a story. The car is built on the same ultra-rigid carbon fibre chassis as the 12C Coupe, yet we have engineered a hard top roof which is retractable at speeds of up to 30km/h. Even with the roof down, we have succeeded in meeting our aerodynamic targets, while delivering uncompromised handling and performance.

Just as speed is our driving force, weight is our mortal enemy. That's why we set out to build a convertible with a weight increase target of no more than 50kg. Actually, we weren't satisfied until we reduced it to 40kg.

We also designed one of the lightest and most powerful engines in the world, specifically for the 12C. Along with the patented, intuitive gearbox, the Formula 1™ inspired Brake Steer system, and the revolutionary ProActive Chassis Control, every single component of the 12C has been intelligently crafted to deliver optimum performance.

The 12C Spider is indeed a convertible without compromise... If you're interested in finding out more about what makes it so unique, please visit our website mclarenautomotive.com.

The story of the 12C Spider is just beginning. To watch the rest of it unfold, keep a watchful eye on McLaren's Facebook page. There's plenty more to come.

Kind regards

2047011_signed.png

Antony Sheriff
Managing Director, McLaren Automotive Ltd

Email I got.

330i. E30 Touring.
I have no idea what you're talking about. ;)

We must be on the same mailing list, Gal. :cool:

330Ci (Fail)Sport
^ lol

I love this, a really good looking car, more so than the coupe which looked a little safe to me.