ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mclaren F1

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
One of the best, if not the best induction noise ever.

A lot of people say that it's got a few fairly large flaws though, mostly stability releted

TG need to get the stig out in round the test track in some old school monsters (F40, XJ220, Diablo etc) to see how they compare to Enzo's and Carrera GT's IMO.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Now that'd be a proper episode of TG.

Diablo SV vs. LP640
F40 vs. F430 Scuderia
XJ220 vs. errrrr... XK8R? ;)

Writen off dci 100
cruiser_1076075636_mclaren_071902_01.jpg

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/485692.stm

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
TG need to get the stig out in round the test track in some old school monsters (F40, XJ220, Diablo etc) to see how they compare to Enzo's and Carrera GT's IMO.

Aw, man - that would be superb!

I for one would like to see how a 959 would compare to say a 997 Turbo. How would 20+ years of progress actually translate on the track?

I guess the insurance and s**t-scared owners would probably mean that the idea would never get off the ground. But we can live and hope!

D.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

I for one would like to see how a 959 would compare to say a 997 Turbo. How would 20+ years of progress actually translate on the track?

I guess the insurance and s**t-scared owners would probably mean that the idea would never get off the ground. But we can live and hope!

D.

Yeah, good point on the insurance, that'd be the killer. :dapprove:

I think the older generation would have a good go, considering the weight of some of the new breed!

1998 BMW e46 323i
^ Nah, better if we have JC telling how sh1t a car is, then how it's the only car he'd buy and a nice spot of tomfoolery from the other two blowing up a car or something. Who needs proper road tests and factory visits?

Used to love old TG. Whatever happened to it.

D.

I think the older generation would have a good go, considering the weight of some of the new breed!

959 is brutally quick but a couple of guys I know who have driven them say they're a bit agricultural in the way they drive, lol. Could be an interesting comparison but strictly it should be a 930 turbo (old 911 for those not up to speed on the porsche model numbers) vs a 997 turbo the 959 would have to face off against the CGT.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R

959 is brutally quick but a couple of guys I know who have driven them say they're a bit agricultural in the way they drive, lol. Could be an interesting comparison but strictly it should be a 930 turbo (old 911 for those not up to speed on the porsche model numbers) vs a 997 turbo the 959 would have to face off against the CGT.

I think a 993 Turbo would have a 997 Turbo TBH.

Fiat Coupe 20vt
I think it would be a great alternative to the crappy "star" in a reasonably priced car piece each week.

Loony, has Dick Lovett had a 959 in at all in the past few years? I thought i'd seen one in a showroom somewhere and couldn't remember if it was that one.

Peter Lovett owns one, it's been magazine featured recenlty along with a 2.7 ducktail and an 80s CS I forget which magazine. IIRC it's done very few miles and something is bugging me that it's the only one in that colour graphite metallic too.

1998 BMW e46 323i
jay leno reckons his Mc' f1 weighs less than his ariel atom- I can't quite get my head round that. I know different editions were heavier than others, but that's staggering! And what's the deal with a Cd changer, but no radio?

RENAULT CLIO SPORT 182
ive twice wrote too top gear asking them too send the mclaren around on the power lap but ive never got any reply, i think it would piss past all the other cars with the stig init

clio rs
im not trying to be funny but that induction sounds like mine on the 172cup i have an OMP airfilter induction

Writen off dci 100

holy s**t

McLAREN F1 LM ROADCAR - TRACK RECORD

In the summer of 1999 at RAF Alconbury, a disused airbase in Cambridgeshire, UK the McLaren F1 LM set a new acceleration record from 0-100-0 mph. With Andy Wallace once again behind the wheel of a McLaren F1, the LM smashed the previous record by setting a time of 11.5 seconds.

The acceleration record was the final confirmation that the McLaren F1 is the most powerful road car on the planet.

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
i remeber an episode where they had the enzo and f40, and cerrera gt.

he said something about how all moder cars limit at around 200mph where they would be blown away by the mclaren f1.

and as for joses comment, i thought the dodge viper could do 0-100-0 in less than 10 seconds?

RB 200 Cup!
im still stunned that it took so many years before the maccys record was broken - truly a car before its time

Writen off dci 100
i remeber an episode where they had the enzo and f40, and cerrera gt.

he said something about how all moder cars limit at around 200mph where they would be blown away by the mclaren f1.

and as for joses comment, i thought the dodge viper could do 0-100-0 in less than 10 seconds?

it was just quoted from that link above