ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Me head gasket went

Checked the filler cap today, and the start of some mayonnaise was in there, grrrr got quoted 320 for the change is this bout right?

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Ahh too bad mate. I had it go on mine too a wee while ago.

I think i payed around the £300 mark mate for my head to be skimmed and polished, new gasget, water pump and a coolant flush.

don't

£320 sounds about right to me m8, quite fair although uve caught it early so not 2 bad

my m8 paid £930 to have his headgasket sorted on his old rover lol, idiot

who quoted u 320, just a small local garage?

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Not a bad price - consider though that to do the head gasket you might as well get the manifold gaskets done and the others that make up the full set.

Saves time and money in the future.

Make sure they put you a nice new cambelt on there as mark the milliage on the invoice!!

[Edited by Matt16v on 26 October 2004 at 4:26pm]

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

As matt said it makes sense to get everything done. When my gasget went i had my engine out and got everything checked that may have been an engine out job as quite a bit is!

I got a new clutch and cambelt + other belts done at the same time.

But that didnt stop my gearbox going the other month!