ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Found a bolt in the engine bay. Let’s play “where does it go?”

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
A shot of my engine. You can see all the bolts in that illustration.

If it’s the other bracket bolt it’s where I’ve drawn a circle, just behind the AC pump. You can also see the AC pump bolts and the Pivot bolt for the alternator.

These will be visible with the engine in and without removing any ancillaries. All except that flippin invisible bolt.

IMG_2675.jpeg

JimF

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Jesus this is going to be a dick of a job isn’t it! Two steps forward one step back
I suppose

JimF

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I'm just wondering if it was a little Brucey bonus from when I had the belts done.
I'm also thinking its a possibility that during the belts being done, this bolt has been dropped, and the mechanic presumed it had come out the bottom of the car, and a new replacement bolt was used...

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
I'm just wondering if it was a little Brucey bonus from when I had the belts done.
I'm also thinking its a possibility that during the belts being done, this bolt has been dropped, and the mechanic presumed it had come out the bottom of the car, and a new replacement bolt was used...

That's possible.

Does look a bit like one of the upper engine mount/timing cover bolts.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
A shot of my engine. You can see all the bolts in that illustration.

If it’s the other bracket bolt it’s where I’ve drawn a circle, just behind the AC pump. You can also see the AC pump bolts and the Pivot bolt for the alternator.

These will be visible with the engine in and without removing any ancillaries. All except that flippin invisible bolt.

View attachment 1681827
Different subject - but has anyone ever made a flip front Clio like they did with minis? Would make them so much easier to work on!

arEsvPJirqRxEN7YzeUtIfA=w1241-h931-s-no?authuser=0.jpg

Mine all look threaded upto the head.

utFgRw7iueIePzV0vCOfl_A=w1241-h931-s-no?authuser=0.jpg

Could it be a bell housing bolt left over from a historic clutch change?
-SV8-EN6541vuYs924gNMLA=w1241-h931-s-no?authuser=0.jpg

JimF

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
A flip front would be great! Although it would never be fitted on mine :LOL:

I know the bolt wasn't there at the last oil filter change so it can't be from a prior clutch change. Unless I missed it last time and it was there. I remember I'm 99% sure I did the filter from underneath last time so could have quite easily missed it.