ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Meanwhile...over on Scoobynet

Lee

BMW M2C

haha, you should see the comments on the Civic forums.

They are blaming a different Stig, different weather/temperature and the Clio using Semi slicks. LOL.

Not that I care, but it does make you laugh.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

i do appreciate that there are some, more balanced views on there...even from scooby owners saying clios are quick. seems like a nice forum other than a bit of silly banter which u get everywhere anyways

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Lee M on 14 June 2004

They are blaming a different Stig, different weather/temperature and the Clio using Semi slicks. LOL.

Reallistically though, the Civic & Clio should be very closely matched...

(youll have seen me defending the Clio on there, as usual)

Lee

BMW M2C

I noticed Rich. The Civic forums are very much like the CS ones. Most members post sensible comments, others end up resorting to bread van and womens cars comments.

Which doesnt bother most normal people.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Scoobynet is a great forum. One of the best motoring forums out there.
Certainly the biggest...

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

I noticed Rich. The Civic forums are very much like the CS ones. Most members post sensible comments, others end up resorting to bread van and womens cars comments.

Which doesnt bother most normal people.
Same with a lot of car forums, theres always the minority...

Ive been a member of scoobynet for a few years now as I used to own one and Ive met some really nice people locally at meets and events. Like any forum it does have its share of idiots though unfortunately.

Quote: Originally posted by Rich-D on 14 June 2004

Reallistically though, the Civic & Clio should be very closely matched...

(youll have seen me defending the Clio on there, as usual)
I agree. I dont think this Stig is consistent though. The times should me closer.

Darren

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

glad the clio did so well

Will try to sell my 172 now to fund a 182

Also glad it beat an evo 8 in a slalom test in evo,just to proove its credentials

ian

[Edited by ian 172 on 14 June 2004 at 10:54pm]

I think thats a well balanced discussion, always liked the Scooby drivers Ive met, Scoobys are dam good cars and they are always up for a bit of light hearted play on the dual carriage way :devilish: ;)

VaVa

Christ, the Clios lap time has ruffled a few feathers....

Noticed 10penceshort giving you a bit of grief Rich, I take it thats the same d1ckhead that crops up on here occasionally??!

I thought that was a pretty decent thread in Scoobynet - any bad things that were said about the Clio are either true (build quality :() or tongue in cheek (birds car, etc.).

And as said by David, its good to see the Clio being appreciated by owners of other performance cars though.

""its good to see the Clio being appreciated by owners of other performance cars though.""

the clio is a performance car ?? should have said

its good to see a car as cheap as a Clio being appreciated by owners of other performance cars though.

Scoobynet is great, and u always garunteed a good read with something interesting or a well balanced opinion

helped me loads since i got my scooby.

as i had a clio williams 2, i have respect for the clio aswell, i loved the car, was great, shouldnt have got rid of it really, but i wanted the fun of driving a R5GTT... who doesnt? :)

didnt see the Top Gear on sunday so couldnt comment on the 182 report, but 1.33 around the track certainly gives it a solid performance.