ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mechanic Lifters on F4R

Clio RS
Hi,
What is the way to use mechanical lifters on F4R engine? We are deciding to use 300+ degrees of cams on the engine. Some companies sell adjustable lifters but the problem is to adjust the lifter because valve cover holds the cam so if we remove the valve cover cams get loose. The only idea is taking a spare valve cover and cutting it to make brackets to hold cams then we will make the adjustment af the lifters.

I am waiting for your advises for using 300+ cams and adjusting mechanic lifters.

Thanks

...mechanic lifetrs required with 288/288 ,''551'' cat cams and the sets over this!
what cams are you going to use? lift? really what other parts are you going to use with these cams?

ITB'd MK1
couple of places make them for the F4R. Sodemo I believe, and at least one other

You're talking about professional motorsport grade parts though, basically you'll double the cost of an engine build just by fitting solid lifters and billet rockers, and for a very small gain.

Clio RS
couple of places make them for the F4R. Sodemo I believe, and at least one other

You're talking about professional motorsport grade parts though, basically you'll double the cost of an engine build just by fitting solid lifters and billet rockers, and for a very small gain.

Humss, in other words 1000-2000£ need ower the cams, i see . . . so itb's will be better than that.

2005 Nissan Navara
It's worth the cost on a race engine where top durability is as required a decent output.

What are you using the engine for?

ITB'd MK1
Humss, in other words 1000-2000£ need ower the cams, i see . . . so itb's will be better than that.

more cost than that last time i looked. and if you've not got as far as ITBs even........Well i think you're doing things for the sake of it.

As stan says, it's worth it on a pro race engine but not for what it sounds like you're doing