ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

media player

clio v6

can any one help... a mate has brought his lap top and we watched the vids of the airfield day... i have tried to play it on my comp.... nothing.

downloaded wind med player 10 and i got sound only... his is wind med player 9 , so mine shopuld work... help please...

clarkie

clio v6

just done that... still wont work...:confused:

i put the cd in and the med player index comes up exactly the same as his does... click on play and the screen comes up ...starts playing but no pic...just sound..

[Edited by clarkiev6 on 03 March 2005 at 11:55am]

172 Cup

It will be a missing codec. Either youve not installed them correctly or that pack didnt contain the codec you need. Use G-Spot to find out what codec is required.

172 Cup

Quote: Originally posted by clarkiev6 on 03 March 2005
done g-spot still no picture...just sound..

done g-spot? In what sense?

172 Cup

Quote: Originally posted by clarkiev6 on 03 March 2005downloaded it..what do i do with it once it is installed on my comp??

lmao.. no-one read instructions these days!?!?!?

● Establishes what video codecs (audio and video) are required to play an AVI file.
● Determines whether these codecs are installed on your system.
● Isolates problems associated with these codecs.
● Simple operation - Basic use: "File > Open", then read results

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355

I just ran gspot on my airfield vids (not sure whos vids you are looking at though) and it says DivX 5.0. My laptop here has 4 compatible codecs for that on it, so you should have at least one on id have thought.

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355

My vids are still available to download if you want to try one again, but doesnt sound like thats the problem.

Try playing the vids with Media Player Classic (will have been installed with the codec pack - should be in the start menu somwhere) or you can download it here

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Media_Player_Classic.htmhttp://www.free-codecs.com/download/Media_Player_Classic.htm

That seems to be less fussy than the newer windows media players, and ive found its played stuff ive had problems playing before.