ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Media Players

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I'm looking for a media player which I can use to store all my movies (in MPG, AVI, WMV et al format) and play them on my TV, using a menu system hopefully built in to the media player.

My mate has one which is spot on. It sits under his TV, and gives a list on screen of all his movies, all of which can be accessed and viewed via a simple click on the remote control.

Something like this : http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Cyclone-1TB-H...0|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1308|301:1|293:1|294:50

What I was wondering is, I have a lot of DVD format files (the usual AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders), which contain the VOB files. Does anyone know if these media players will play these files, and if so, how do they work? Do I just drag the folders over to the media player and it will sort it all out for me? The AVI, MPG etc files aren't a problem, as they are just a single file and I know they'll play ok. It's the DVD folders I've got that I would like to store on the media player and view, rather than creating multiple DVD discs.

Cheers :cool:

Octy VRS
I'm pretty sure the PS3 reads VOB. The new Samsung Spinpoint 500GB drive fits it nicely. You can play s**t games on it too! :clown:

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
LOL. I don't really fancy shelling out close to £300 notes for something.

Just a nice media player will do :)

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Indeed. Didn't think it played the files in folders though. Guess it must. Cheers :)